Looking for CHEAP AR-15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for CHEAP AR-15

1. Looking for CHEAP AR-15

Looking to buy a cheap new AR-15. Won't be shooting it regularly (hopefully never) so don't need anything fancy. Only thing I can find locally is an S+W for $870. Online I found an Olympic Arms K3B for $712 and a Doublestar DS4 for $739. I imagine the S+W would be the highest quality, but since it won't be used much, just want something reliable. Anyone have experience with any of these? Other suggestions would also be appreciated. Thanx much in advance.

I have been looking my self and found that you can pick up a stock DPMS Ar-15 for around 600 to 650.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

So you never intend on shooting it?
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

Looking at putting together an inexpensive AR15. This is what I did, I purchased a complete DPMS lower from a local gun shop for $239.99. I went to another gun store that had various types of uppers. I purchased a complete upper after leo discount for just under$400.00. I was into the gun for just a little over $650.00. I have built 2 AR's like this and working on one more.

If you look online like cheaperthatdirt they have complete DPMS uppers going for $499.99. Centerfire Systems have 16" Double Star uppers going for $329 but they don't come with a bolt carrier group and charging handle. Hopefully you have some good luck shopping/looking at your local gun stores.

HItoLV

Why do you want to build an AR-15 if you'll never shoot it? Is this a wall ornament? You could get a much cheaper airsoft gun, and it would actually serve a purpose.

7. I built mine and got a lot of the parts at the Medina Gun Show. I have about $900.00 in it now but it has a lot of extras. The basic gun cost me just over $700.00. It is a DPMS lower and upper with a bushmaster barrel. This was the first one I put together and it shoots like a dream.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

8. Thanx for the info, I'll keep looking around. Didn't say I'd NEVER shoot it. I'll site it in then hang it up and hopefully never use it again. Spent 67-71 in the Marine Corps so I don't play Army much anymore. In fact, saved all my life to buy a spread in the country where I could hunt and fish on my own land. Well now that I have that, only thing I shoot is a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberRB View Post
    I built mine and got a lot of the parts at the Medina Gun Show. I have about $900.00 in it now but it has a lot of extras. The basic gun cost me just over $700.00. It is a DPMS lower and upper with a bushmaster barrel. This was the first one I put together and it shoots like a dream.
    Showoff!

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandRocks View Post
    Looking to buy a cheap new AR-15. Won't be shooting it regularly (hopefully never) so don't need anything fancy. Only thing I can find locally is an S+W for $870. Online I found an Olympic Arms K3B for $712 and a Doublestar DS4 for $739. I imagine the S+W would be the highest quality, but since it won't be used much, just want something reliable. Anyone have experience with any of these? Other suggestions would also be appreciated. Thanx much in advance.
    Buy yourself a stripped lower from BudsGunshop. Then get an upper kit from Model 1 Sales.

Here are a couple more complete kits less he lower sites.
    AR15 Complete Rifle Kits (Less Receiver)

AR15GUNKITS.com kits and parts for the AR-15 and M-16 Rifle

All you need is the lower. If any gun shows are in your area you can usually find a good lower at a reasonable price.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast