Personal protection permit question?

Thread: Personal protection permit question?

1. Personal protection permit question?

Okay so I should be getting my personal protection permit here around August hopefully. But it's come to my mind is, is this my concealed carry permit as well? I'm in indiana as well.

3. Indiana has what is called a license to carry handgun (LTCH). If you have one. You can can carry anyway you prefer.

Not sure what you applied for, but every state has their own name for concealed carry permit. West coast it's a CCW, VA. it's a CHP & Massachusetts it's called a CHL. Don't know if this helps, or not, but if you applied for concealed carry and are getting personal protection permit instead I'd assume that's what you state calls their concealed permit!

G'Day and G'lock

Quote Originally Posted by crenz66 View Post
    Okay so I should be getting my personal protection permit here around August hopefully. But it's come to my mind is, is this my concealed carry permit as well? I'm in indiana as well.

Depending on when you applied good luck on getting it around August, Curent wait times are nearing 6 months in Indina. Ok here is the scoop a personal protection permit in Indiana is called a License to Carry a Handgun(LTCHG) The Law is silent with regards to manner of carry as such once you obtain your little pink permission slip you may carry either openly or concealled depending on your personal desire. The important thing is that regardless of your method of carry you do so in a safe manner.

7. Well I actually applied all the way back in November. But they had some problems with it but they told me it would be around August or so.

Quote Originally Posted by crenz66 View Post
    Well I actually applied all the way back in November. But they had some problems with it but they told me it would be around August or so.
    Yeah to think my wife was annoyed when hers took almost two weeks. Did you know you can check the status with local law enforcement? Check with your local Leo around July they should be able to give you an update.
    Good luck