Need opinions on a situation that happen.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need opinions on a situation that happen.

1. Need opinions on a situation that happen.

So i work in a factory and the other night 2 guys got in a fight. Well you know how places are everyone got involved. Me included I held back one of the guys. Now here's the thing though, since I'm waiting on my gun permit like everyone else, what if I he would have come after me for holding him back and he had a weapon that put my life in danger. And I am just saying I would have felt safer with my firearm by my side. No one got seriously hurt but you never know.

3. Guess what once you start carrying you are going to have to let things like that pass. You will have to avoid all confrontations. When you carry a gun you have fewer options not more. Every altercation you get into now ends in someone dead. Do everyone a favor and leave the gun at home until you realize that.

Blog Entries
    No you would have been considered at fault. If other ppl are splitting it up stay out. Unless you are the only person around and you seriously feel someone's life is in immediate danger. I last summer was at a pig roast and some biker guy was knocking the crap out of his woman. Noone helped her so I knocked his face into oblivion. But my fire arm never even crossed my mind. That is only and I mean only for life threatening situations. And only that. And say he woulda kicked the crap out if me. Oh well so be it. The only way it would ever b in play is if he woulda started beating me and wouldn't stop to the point of I seen him killing me. Or another weapon was involved and even then I may have got into serious trouble because I aggressed first even tho his woman was in need of help. So when you carry mind your own business unless you have no option. And even then don't even consider your weapon unless a life is in serious danger. And 90% of the time that just won't be

When it comes to work place situations like that, its best to let them duke it out and let someone else step in. Too many bad things could happen. Your suggested scenario is one of them, Im not going to get into the what if's, too many scenarios and gets off topic real quick.
    Best thing to do is be a good witness, last thing you want to do is get fired for being involved in the fight, even if you were trying to break it up, especially once your CPL comes in, when you get that, you have to pick and choose fights, not every scenario with a pipe or ball bat calls for you to pull your gun, 90% of people will use it as an intimidation factor to get you to back off, but then again, thats another can of worms. Everyone makes their own choices, you have to figure out for yourself what you would do and be damn sure youre making the right decision, theres legal and civil issues at a work place shooting, be prepared to be sued by the company, and they will most likely not have your back even if its deemed justified.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by aoakleyc View Post
    Guess what once you start carrying you are going to have to let things like that pass. You will have to avoid all confrontations. When you carry a gun you have fewer options not more. Every altercation you get into now ends in someone dead. Do everyone a favor and leave the gun at home until you realize that.
    What is with all these members. Fights all around them, traffic altercations around them, house break ins all around them--where do you all live? 71 years old and none, nada, never facing any of the above--period/end of story. As wisely said by aoakleyc, forget about CC if you cannot stay out of these situations either--situational awareness comes to mind to me as the number one precursor to not having to read these kind of "what ifs"---you are CC, you are now a little old lady from Pasadena pussycat. If you cannot be that or somehow feel that CC means you should be thinking about every situation around you, then maybe you should rethink your demeanor, your living situation and your mindset---having a firearm and having all these kinds of things going on around you is a recipe for a big problem if you cannot find a solution for same.
    Appreciate if there are no replies that have to nit-pick my comments--it is all about common sense and responsibilty--that is all I am trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by aoakleyc View Post
    When you carry a gun you have fewer options not more. Every altercation you get into now ends in someone dead.ABSOLUTELY 100% UNTRUE!! Do everyone a favor and leave the gun at home until you realize that.
    Why dont YOU do US a favor and NOT give out false advice???

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    What is with all these members. Fights all around them, traffic altercations around them, house break ins all around them--where do you all live? 71 years old and none, nada, never facing any of the above--period/end of story. As wisely said by aoakleyc, forget about CC if you cannot stay out of these situations either--situational awareness comes to mind to me as the number one precursor to not having to read these kind of "what ifs"---you are CC, you are now a little old lady from Pasadena pussycat. If you cannot be that or somehow feel that CC means you should be thinking about every situation around you, then maybe you should rethink your demeanor, your living situation and your mindset---having a firearm and having all these kinds of things going on around you is a recipe for a big problem if you cannot find a solution for same.
    Appreciate if there are no replies that have to nit-pick my comments--it is all about common sense and responsibilty--that is all I am trying to say.
    Just be thankful God has "Blessed" and protected you Kel. He knows what you can & cannot handle in your life.

On one hand, I wish God had protected & shielded me more from some of what has happened in my life; like He has you. But, on the other hand (hindsight being 20/20), I can see that God has been directing my life to bring me to the place I am today.

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

I think a lot of it depends on your work place’s work place violence policy. I worked for several years in a factory where the policy was dirt simple, you throw a punch (or put your hand on a co-worker) and you’re gone. It didn’t matter how you what if’d it the answer was always the same. And FWIW when they said "you're gone" they meant you get up off the floor and get walked to the nearest exit right then and there.

“He swung first”

You throw a punch (or put your hand on a co-worker) and you’re gone.

“Self defense”

“I was trying to stop the fight”

Second if you start carrying a gun at work sooner or later someone is going to find out and you are going to get fired.

Leave the gun at home
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Any altercation you're involving yourself in, you're also involving your gun whether indirectly or not. Avoid the unnecessary involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Any altercation you're involving yourself in, you're also involving your gun whether indirectly or not. Avoid the unnecessary involvement.
    I don't think I could agree with this post more if I wrote it.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast