Sheepdog Training Tour ~Featuring Lt. Col. David Grossman~ - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Sheepdog Training Tour ~Featuring Lt. Col. David Grossman~

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    It's also been my observation that the folks that get the maddest when I say this stuff are the ones that most need to hear it
    I really can't add another word to the above it get's proved everytime this topic cmes up.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    It's also been my observation that the folks that get the maddest when I say this stuff are the ones that most need to hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I really can't add another word to the above it get's proved everytime this topic cmes up.
    And your so-called "evidence" that I "need" to hear a single word from you is what? That I help out when I can? That I carry blankets and first aid gear in my vehicle? That I have carried for over 30 years and never had to brandish or fire my weapon in defense of self or others? I mean, if I self-identify as being of the "sheepdog" mindset, and your belief that sheepdogs are just waiting to get into gunfights and stick their noses where they don't belong, doesn't my record of non-violence while carrying a loaded weapon over more than 30 years decimate the notion that I "need" to hear your jaded views about this topic?

    And what evidence do you have that I'm one of the "maddest" ones replying to you? Because I laughed at your idiocy? Because I called your obsessive/compulsive knee-jerk reactions to trigger-words and names exactly what it appears to be from here?

    How nice for you that you only need your own words to validate, well, your own words. Screw the evidence, if you say people "need" to hear what you have to say, then you feel justified in judging that "need" as being "proved" every time you say it, unrelated to any honest, objective reading of anything said in reply to your intentionally insulting blather. You have proven that you don't have the ability to discuss things honestly, Treo. Rather than being "mad" at you for what you say, I pity you. You take the word cynic to never-before-heard-of degrees of magnification when it comes to this, as well as other, topics. How pitiful it must be to feel so superior to other human beings only to have people demonstrate in public how utterly weak and insubstantial your "arguments" are.

    Lest you are tempted to show your lack of a grasp on reality again, I seriously doubt anyone "needs" to hear your pontifications again in reply to this post. I know I don't.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Throw a rock at a pack of dogs and the one you hit barks the loudest
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,414
    Ring a bell and watch Pavlov's dog start drooling.

    Gee, this is fun, ain't it though?
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,352
    Enough of this crap about sheepdogs already!!!

    Read what Lt. Col. Grossman actually said about it here:

    On Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs

    By the way.... here is an except:

    “Then there are sheepdogs,” he went on, “and I’m a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.”

    Bold added by me for emphasis...

    Sooooo... a "sheepdog" is one who "confronts the wolf". Well.. I will "confront the wolf" if the wolf is trying to bite my ass or bite the ass of someone I love or care about. I MIGHT!!! even step in and help a stranger who's ass is being bitten by a wolf... then again... I might not because whether or not I insert myself into someone else's problems depends on the totality of the circumstances. And whether other folks like it or not I still believe that those who expect others to jump in and save them can go get their own damn gun!

    But I AM NOT! a "sheepdog" because I'm just an ordinary citizen who happens to carry a gun and I DO NOT fit this definition!!! (another excerpt from Lt. Col. Grossman's article):

    "But what if you have a capacity for violence, and a deep love for your fellow citizens? Then you are a sheepdog, a warrior, someone who is walking the hero’s path."

    And anyone who fancies themselves to be a "warrior" had better have the training and the skills of a for real "warrior" and not just be some ordinary guy with a carry permit and delusions of "sheepdog" grandeur because if they are just another Walter Mitty they will eventually play the superhero part and shortly after play the part of Bubba's new ............ "friend".

    Didn't say there aren't times when stepping in would not be a good idea and could be justified... just saying this whole sanctimonious "sheepdog" thing is complete and total ............. bull manure.

    So enough of this crap about being some kind of superhero "sheepdog" already!!!!

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grossman View Post
    "But what if you have a capacity for violence,
    Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grossman View Post
    and a deep love for your fellow citizens?
    I am a NO-GO at this station

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grossman View Post
    Then you are a sheepdog, a warrior, someone who is walking the hero’s path."
    I've been a hero and I do not impress me.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Ring a bell and watch Pavlov's dog start drooling.

    Gee, this is fun, ain't it though?
    Would it damage your self image to know I can't read your posts with a straight face?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Enough of this crap about sheepdogs already!!!

    Sooooo... a "sheepdog" is one who "confronts the wolf". Well.. I will "confront the wolf" if the wolf is trying to bite my ass or bite the ass of someone I love or care about. I MIGHT!!! even step in and help a stranger who's ass is being bitten by a wolf... then again... I might not because whether or not I insert myself into someone else's problems depends on the totality of the circumstances. And whether other folks like it or not I still believe that those who expect others to jump in and save them can go get their own damn gun!

    But I AM NOT! a "sheepdog" because I'm just an ordinary citizen who happens to carry a gun and I DO NOT fit this definition!!! (another excerpt from Lt. Col. Grossman's article):

    "But what if you have a capacity for violence, and a deep love for your fellow citizens? Then you are a sheepdog, a warrior, someone who is walking the hero’s path."

    And anyone who fancies themselves to be a "warrior" had better have the training and the skills of a for real "warrior" and not just be some ordinary guy with a carry permit and delusions of "sheepdog" grandeur because if they are just another Walter Mitty they will eventually play the superhero part and shortly after play the part of Bubba's new ............ "friend".

    Didn't say there aren't times when stepping in would not be a good idea and could be justified... just saying this whole sanctimonious "sheepdog" thing is complete and total ............. bull manure.So enough of this crap about being some kind of superhero "sheepdog" already!!!!
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    -snip-

    I've been a hero and I do not impress me.
    Been there myself.. and my morning dump still stinks up the house.... much to the displeasure of my loving wife who knows about the 'hero' stuff but still doesn't like the stench.

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    The basic premise that undergirds Grossman’s work is the concept that human beings have an innate moral imperative against killing another human being and that this imperative must be overcome before a human being can be an effective soldier and in all seriousness I don’t believe it. All you have to do is read Genesis 4:8 to know that human beings don’t have to be taught how to kill.

    In my entire military career I have never met a soldier who faced any real moral crisis over shooting at the enemy. I say “shooting at” instead of “killing” because I was always taught that you’re better off to wound an enemy than to kill him because a wounded enemy required 2 more enemies to care for him where a dead enemy required no care. I never met a soldier that enjoyed killing the enemy but I never saw one that hesitated when circumstances required it. It was your duty and you did it and life went on.

    So when I find Grossman’s foundation faulty I have to question the house he built on it. I also have to note that LTC David Grossman’s theories were never any part of any leadership course I ever took, they were never any part of any pre deployment briefing or Preparation for Overseas Movement (POM) that I ever went through. And I also note that he isn’t taught at PLDC, BNCOC, ANCOC or the Sergeants Major Academy. If anything I think 10 years of war have shifted the Army’s view of his theories and so he’s peddling his wares to civilians now.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast