Sheepdog Training Tour ~Featuring Lt. Col. David Grossman~
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Sheepdog Training Tour ~Featuring Lt. Col. David Grossman~

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Posts
    2,825

    Arrow Sheepdog Training Tour ~Featuring Lt. Col. David Grossman~

    Lt. Col. Grossman will kick off his series of seminars, the Restoring Responsibility Tour—Featuring The Bullet Proof Mind, or better known as the “Sheepdog Seminars” on June 29th.

    Grossman’s program was originally designed to prepare policemen and military personnel for combat. More importantly it taught them how to grapple with the mental and emotional trauma of lethal combat.

    Today, however, it’s becoming increasingly important for everyday citizens (who aren’t afforded the luxury of police protection) to arm themselves with these skills and become their own first responders in the event of a deadly encounter.

    Lt. Col Grossman’s ”Sheepdog Seminar” will tour throughout the country in several major cities including Dallas, Salt Lake City, Philadelphia, Orlando, Phoenix, Atlanta, and others.


    Lt. Col. David Grossman Kicking Off ?Sheepdog? Training Tour In Dallas ? Glenn Beck
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,414
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Lt. Col. Grossman will kick off his series of seminars, the Restoring Responsibility Tour—Featuring The Bullet Proof Mind, or better known as the “Sheepdog Seminars” on June 29th.

    Grossman’s program was originally designed to prepare policemen and military personnel for combat. More importantly it taught them how to grapple with the mental and emotional trauma of lethal combat.

    Today, however, it’s becoming increasingly important for everyday citizens (who aren’t afforded the luxury of police protection) to arm themselves with these skills and become their own first responders in the event of a deadly encounter.

    Lt. Col Grossman’s ”Sheepdog Seminar” will tour throughout the country in several major cities including Dallas, Salt Lake City, Philadelphia, Orlando, Phoenix, Atlanta, and others.


    Lt. Col. David Grossman Kicking Off ?Sheepdog? Training Tour In Dallas ? Glenn Beck
    Oh boy, now you've done it Outlaw. Anti-sheepdog hoards descend on this thread like a pack of rabid wolves in 5, 4, 3, 2......

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  4. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Oh boy, now you've done it Outlaw. Anti-sheepdog hoards descend on this thread like a pack of rabid wolves in 5, 4, 3, 2......

    Blues
    We will dispatch them with truth, shame, and humility.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Oh boy, now you've done it Outlaw. Anti-sheepdog hoards descend on this thread like a pack of rabid wolves in 5, 4, 3, 2......

    Blues
    We will dispatch them with truth, shame, and humility.
    Pick me!
    PICK ME!!!
    I want to help point and laugh :p
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.


  6. #5
    Might be interesting...On Killing was a good read, although some of what I have seen from him is more inspiration than instruction, more proselytizing than practical. And I am not sure I would consider Grossman the world's leading expert on "self-defense".
    Si vis pacem para bellum

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,352
    I am not a sheep for I do not mill around with the flock with my attention on fitting in with the flock.

    I am not a wolf for I do not prey on the sheep.

    I am not a sheepdog for I do not have the responsibility to protect the sheep... nor do I have any desire to fight the wolf.

    I am a stray dog... I am warily friendly to the sheep and I avoid the wolf as I fend for myself yet I will fiercely fight to protect those I love... from both wolf and sheep.

    The word "sheepdog" sounds so nice... to be someone who protects the weak and innocent... but the truth is... it is not my job or responsibility to protect other citizens just because I carry a gun. I can choose to protect other citizens because of my individual morals and ethics... but I am not obligated to... it still isn't my job or responsibility... hence I am not a "sheepdog". If the "sheep" want to protect themselves from the "wolf" let them get their own damn gun.

    And, in my not so humble opinion, those who think just because they carry a gun they are some kind of appointed and anointed "superhero defender of humanity" have been watching too many movies.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    here we go again.

    Hasn't much of Grossman's muttering been discredited?

    http://www.theppsc.org/Grossman/Main-R.htm
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    here we go again.

    Hasn't much of Grossman's muttering been discredited?

    The Col Dave Grossman Debate - How Mistaken Is He?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! An internet argument from 2001 between one guy responding to several excerpts from several speeches and presentations by Grossman (with who knows how much context was kept intact) is all it takes to discredit a well-known instructor, PhD, professor from Annapolis and researcher. BRILLIANT!!!!

    Man, I called that one right, didn't I???

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Col Grossman has some great teachings, BUT I agree with Bikenut about the "sheepdog" analogy.... The public needs to start defending themselves.... It is NOT our responsibility to defend them... I do, (and I am sure Bikenut does too, or he will correct me) understand what Grossman was trying to get across when he came up with the "sheepdog" analogy.... It has as its foundation that he isnt waiting around for someone else to "protect" him, he is taking that responsibility on himself instead of letting the shepherd (who would in the analogy be represented by the police even if they are not mentioned) so... if I havent confused you all yet.. I agree with the premise, but not the analogy... which, in other, other words (not a typo) means "sheepdog" does not correctly define what a observant and diligent defender of self and family should be described as..... wow, now I think I have confused myself....

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    professor from Annapolis
    West Point........
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast