What's the most you'd pay for .223? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the most you'd pay for .223?

Lucky I saw something like this in the water in 08'. I stocked up on all the ammo calibers I thought I might need.5.56mm/.223 was one of the main ones. I Like the PMC ammo. I buy the PMC Bronze 55gr. in the .223 and the PMC X-Tac in the 62gr.Green Tip in 5.56mm. I paid on average $340/1000 for both. I am really glad I was able to stock up and have no problem with the shortage. Academy limiting purchases to one 20 round box a day per customer is crazy. My buddy had told me about that. Hell, that seems pretty stupid. I mean at least sale them 2 boxes so that can at least fill one mag. lol The only steel case ammo I have ever run through any of my AR's was made by MFS, a zinc plated ammo. And it ran as clean as any non-brass I have ever seen. IT was about 25 cents a round so I got 1000 of those in .223 and about 500 in .308. It shoots pretty good. But I have never shot any of that nasty Russian crap. Cleaning a proper maintenance is key with most AR's regardless of ammo, but much more so if shooting the steel cased. I guess I should answer the question now. I won't pay more than 34 cents per round for good PMC brass ammo, which most places have doubled the cost of it they get any, and 25 cents for the MFS in .223. I still have a good amount of the MFS that I use at the range but have cut down the amount I shoot. I used to shoot 150 each time at the range, now I just shoot about 60 rounds and try to run drills instead of just shooting paper. The only time I spend more money than that is if I am needing something heavier to hit hogs with.
    Bro.Mac
    US Army Veteran
    Desert Storm 90-91'

3. When the price jumped up to $8.99 for 20rds for AR Ammo. I just quit shooting my 223/5.56 AR rifles. I can still get 7.69x39 AK Ammo. for $6.99 20rds so I will just shoot my AK. Sadlt the 5.45x39 AK Ammo. is tough to find at any good price.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    When the price jumped up to $8.99 for 20rds for AR Ammo. I just quit shooting my 223/5.56 AR rifles. I can still get 7.69x39 AK Ammo. for $6.99 20rds so I will just shoot my AK. Sadly the 5.45x39 AK Ammo. is tough to find at any good price.
    I picked up everything I could, when I could. Up until about a month into the initial buying spree, I was still able to get 5.45x39 for $6.99 per 30rds. I picked up a 1,080rd spam can and about another 1,000rds of the 30rd packs before it was all gone. All in all, I've got almost 4,000rds of that particular round. I was shooting up about 300rds a weekend of 7.62x39 before all this hit... no more. I haven't bought any '39 in months, I'm saving what I have... which is plenty, mind you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

5. Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I picked up everything I could, when I could. Up until about a month into the initial buying spree, I was still able to get 5.45x39 for $6.99 per 30rds. I picked up a 1,080rd spam can and about another 1,000rds of the 30rd packs before it was all gone. All in all, I've got almost 4,000rds of that particular round. I was shooting up about 300rds a weekend of 7.62x39 before all this hit... no more. I haven't bought any '39 in months, I'm saving what I have... which is plenty, mind you.
    When I head out to my local outdoor range and when it's 98 in shade it's not often in summer. But when I do it's about 100 to 150 rds as to conserve what Ammo. I still have. I even bought some 12ga Slugs just so I could do some other shooting. I have given up trying to find range .380 9mm .40 and .45acp. it's just not to be found around here.

6. I also invested in a little stock of M855 and MK232 Mod 1, for appropriate circumstances. Covered all the bases I needed. Also got proficient with the irons, red dot, and Nikon BDC600 scope for my long gun. This is a do-it-all long gun, and the only one I own, besides some sidearms. The long gun stays setup for CQC, home defense duty. A brilliant platform that does nearly everything, in spite of naysayers admonishments. Have .38 special SD rounds for my wife's Taurus, as well as .45 Ranger-Ts for my carry sidearm. Don't think we are lacking for anything, unless the unthinkable comes to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    When I head out to my local outdoor range and when it's 98 in shade it's not often in summer. But when I do it's about 100 to 150 rds as to conserve what Ammo. I still have. I even bought some 12ga Slugs just so I could do some other shooting. I have given up trying to find range .380 9mm .40 and .45acp. it's just not to be found around here.
    Yeah, the heat blows.... I haven't bought much .380, 9mm or .45 either. Mostly, b/c I have a source of such loads at cost... along with .38Spl, .32 and 12ga field loads. I have no shortages of anything, except .455 Webley and .303 Brit.
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

8. Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    I also invested in a little stock of M855 and MK232 Mod 1, for appropriate circumstances. Covered all the bases I needed. Also got proficient with the irons, red dot, and Nikon BDC600 scope for my long gun. This is a do-it-all long gun, and the only one I own, besides some sidearms. The long gun stays setup for CQC, home defense duty. A brilliant platform that does nearly everything, in spite of naysayers admonishments. Have .38 special SD rounds for my wife's Taurus, as well as .45 Ranger-Ts for my carry sidearm. Don't think we are lacking for anything, unless the unthinkable comes to pass.
    My home defense goto is my trusty AMD-65 with an EOTech 553 on top. It's a very good shooting weapon.

I havent been able to find .223 since September of last year. If I did find some, I wouldnt pay more than 40 cents a round.

Here are my AKs, simple but effective.

What's the most you'd pay for .223?-snapshot_20130625.jpg
    What's the most you'd pay for .223?-snapshot_20130625_1.jpg
    What's the most you'd pay for .223?-snapshot_20130625_2.jpg

11. Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Here are my AKs, simple but effective.

What's the most you'd pay for .223?-snapshot_20130625.jpg
    What's the most you'd pay for .223?-snapshot_20130625_1.jpg
    What's the most you'd pay for .223?-snapshot_20130625_2.jpg
    Very nice group.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast