Quick sbr ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick sbr ?

1. Quick sbr ?

Is it not federal law that you need the class 3 to have a sbr? Its not a state reg correct.
    Sent from my SPH-M930 using USA Carry mobile app

I am probably wrong, but I think you just need a class 3 to sell them retail..... You would just need the tax stamp to possess one....

Isnt class 3 just a classification of an FFL?

4. Yea but you still need the tax stamp correct. The ? Came up with a inlaw said his state they are legal which everything from my undersatnding is doesn't matter what state as long as you have the tax stamp. The legal length is 16 on a rifle correct.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using USA Carry mobile app

Tax stamp is required from the Feds in all 57 states. They are NFA Title II guns. Class 3 SOT is just a tax rate that an FFL has to pay to sell NFA Title II items.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I am thinking the barrel length to qualify as sbr is 10" or less, (maybe with an overall under 16"?) but again, this is possibly wrong... I am just answering this from memory...

I know that if I do not include the underfolder stock on my AK, it is only about 1-1/2 inches longer than my AK pistol...... Crazy how they (govt) can say one thing is this and the other is something else only because of a couple inches.... Especially when all of it is UnConstitutional to begin with....

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    I am thinking the barrel length to qualify as sbr is 10" or less, (maybe with an overall under 16"?) but again, this is possibly wrong... I am just answering this from memory...
    Any length less than 16" on the barrel with a stock makes it an SBR. You can get away with a 14" barrel if it has a pinned or welded on flash suppressor/muzzle brake and totals 16" or more. The pin in the pinned on unit must be welded in to qualify.
    NRA Certified RSO

9. Any long gun(firearm with a shoulder stock)that has a barrel length less than 16" is a short barreled rifle that requires a FEDERAL tax stamp. Some states further restrict their possesion.

That "shoulder stock" is what gets ya..... and it is why the AK pistol is a pistol, not an sbr....

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    That "shoulder stock" is what gets ya..... and it is why the AK pistol is a pistol, not an sbr....
    Yep. One of my guns is made both ways, as a carbine and as a pistol. You can change the upper by removing a pin that locks it in and swap uppers. As soon as you add the stock to the lower with the pistol length upper it would become an SBR. And needs a stamp.
    NRA Certified RSO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast