SAFES? Buying a new rifle safe. Advice wanted. #gunsafe #riflesafes #guns - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SAFES? Buying a new rifle safe. Advice wanted. #gunsafe #riflesafes #guns

Personally, I think you are looking for a too small safe. Are you just going to use it for rifles? What about ammunition? Handgun's? Personal property like jewelry, important papers, etc,? We use ours for much more than fire arms, especially when we go on vacation. That being said, Liberty and Cannon are both good, with (in my personal opinion) Liberty being the better of the two. I don't have any knowledge of the other brands you mention. Happy shopping.

Make sure whatever you buy does not have door hinges on the outside as well. They should be inside the safe (Liberty).
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    Liberty and Cannon offer the best warranties. Both offer lifetime replacement or repairs if the safes are damaged in an attempt to break into them. Why would you want a small safe? No one can ever own enough fire arms. Besides larger safes, that weigh at least a thousand pounds and are bolted to the floor, are much more difficult to steal.
    I have a 550lb safe in my office on the second floor. It took 3 guys, a hand truck and about half an hour of careful maneuvering to get it up there through our narrow stairwell. And that was empty and with the door off. I imagine if it was in the garage or something it wouldn't be too hard to steal, but where it's at, it's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Make sure whatever you buy does not have door hinges on the outside as well. They should be inside the safe (Liberty).
    That's not really a huge weakness if there are locking bolts on all four sides. Even if they cut the hinges the door is held in place by the bolts.

6. I have a cannon wide body and thought I would never fill it. But when you close that door strange things are going on inside, And soon you run out of room and you have to tell the wife. I don't remember buying that one, or that one,Or that one.

PaidTriot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    That's not really a huge weakness if there are locking bolts on all four sides. Even if they cut the hinges the door is held in place by the bolts.
    True and the Liberty Revolution has exterior hinges too.

SAFES? Buying a new rifle safe. Advice wanted. #gunsafe #riflesafes #guns

Forget about buying any of the "gun safes"!!!!
    Buy a real safe!!!!!! And don't worry about the cost!!!! All too often, people want to cheap out on a safe that they end up putting thousands of dollars of valuables in, and it doesn't make sense. For example, why would you want to put 50K of valuables in a cheap 1K gun safe??
    There is a reason that you don't see gun safes in jewelry stores or pawn shops, it's because the insurance companies will not let them use these sub standard imitations. Try looking for a commercial rated TL-30 safe, you can find them used at great prices!!!! You and your valuables deserve real protection!!!!!!
    <- Straight Shooter ->
    www.FTAguns.com

9. I have a American Security BF6030 love it stores all my ammo from 22 to 556 I looked at the liberty brand safes one thing I did not like was the three separate welds they use AMSEC one solid weld all the way around also have it bolted to my house foundation

PaidTriot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Forget about buying any of the "gun safes"!!!!
    Buy a real safe!!!!!! And don't worry about the cost!!!! All too often, people want to cheap out on a safe that they end up putting thousands of dollars of valuables in, and it doesn't make sense. For example, why would you want to put 50K of valuables in a cheap 1K gun safe??
    There is a reason that you don't see gun safes in jewelry stores or pawn shops, it's because the insurance companies will not let them use these sub standard imitations. Try looking for a commercial rated TL-30 safe, you can find them used at great prices!!!! You and your valuables deserve real protection!!!!!!
    Here's some info on the TL-15 and TL-30

PaidTriot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by respiol View Post
    I have a American Security BF6030 love it stores all my ammo from 22 to 556 I looked at the liberty brand safes one thing I did not like was the three separate welds they use AMSEC one solid weld all the way around also have it bolted to my house foundation
    I forgot about that. Totally true.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast