SAFES? Buying a new rifle safe. Advice wanted. #gunsafe #riflesafes #guns - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SAFES? Buying a new rifle safe. Advice wanted. #gunsafe #riflesafes #guns

1. AMSEC also has the same lifetime warranty my suggestion go to a store that actually sells safes and do side by side comparison of different brands and models you can look up local stores where you live considering you're going to spend between 1K to 5K on this get yourself familiar with all brands and see what fits beyond your needs

I have two Fort Knox safes. They do not have fancy paint, with drawings or pin stripes on them. The are made just as well as the fancy painted ones. One has room for a number of long guns on the left side, shelves on the right side, and a shelf which goes across the entire top. It weighs around 1,000 lbs. Both have dehumidifiers. Both have electronic locks. The second safe is slightly smaller, and has all shelves across it. Fort Knox makes excellent safes, these are fire resistant, no exposed hinges outside, and they are consistently rated among the best safes made. I paid more for these than some cheaper brands, but I think about what I am protecting in them. Also, we have an excellent monitored alarm system which I helped design. We live in a semi rural area on a blacktop road used by over 5,000 cars a day. The main problem we face is response time from the sheriff, as they are stretched thin. I live in an adjacent county to the one I worked in for over 30 years. The county I live in doesn't have quite as many resources or deputies, but they do have a good department. Put your money into a well made and designed safe, not fancy paint. In my case the safes are made so well, even with response time delays from the sheriff, they would still be trying to get into them. A good monitored alarm system is important, too. Think of a multifaceted way to protect your belongings, the safe should be just a part of it. I am retired now, and home most of the time. I have a dog that can hear much better than I can. All of these things are key to protecting what you worked hard and long for.

PaidTriot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KSDeputy View Post
    I have two Fort Knox safes. They do not have fancy paint, with drawings or pin stripes on them. The are made just as well as the fancy painted ones. One has room for a number of long guns on the left side, shelves on the right side, and a shelf which goes across the entire top. It weighs around 1,000 lbs. Both have dehumidifiers. Both have electronic locks. The second safe is slightly smaller, and has all shelves across it. Fort Knox makes excellent safes, these are fire resistant, no exposed hinges outside, and they are consistently rated among the best safes made. I paid more for these than some cheaper brands, but I think about what I am protecting in them. Also, we have an excellent monitored alarm system which I helped design. We live in a semi rural area on a blacktop road used by over 5,000 cars a day. The main problem we face is response time from the sheriff, as they are stretched thin. I live in an adjacent county to the one I worked in for over 30 years. The county I live in doesn't have quite as many resources or deputies, but they do have a good department. Put your money into a well made and designed safe, not fancy paint. In my case the safes are made so well, even with response time delays from the sheriff, they would still be trying to get into them. A good monitored alarm system is important, too. Think of a multifaceted way to protect your belongings, the safe should be just a part of it. I am retired now, and home most of the time. I have a dog that can hear much better than I can. All of these things are key to protecting what you worked hard and long for.
    I love Fort Knox. I have their pistol box. Best I could find.
    I also have Doberman's. Ditto on best I could find.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234