Shotgun barrel mount.

Thread: Shotgun barrel mount.

Shotgun barrel mount.

I have a shotgun barrel mount/flashlight/laser combo on my Rem 870.
    I really like it, seems to me it would be a valuable addition to a HD shotgun.
    Also had a Moss. pump with the same setup. I sold the Moss. some time ago,
    but the guy wanted the gun made back to stock. ( Wood furniture. )
    Anyway, The combo has been in the marketplace for awhile now. There has been
    some interest, but no takers yet. So am I the only person here that thinks
    this combo has any merit? I did test it in the dark at my cabin, & it is real
    accurate. Pretty much point & shoot.
    Priced way below retail, the laser alone costs $50.
    Just wanted some honest oppinions. Thanks.

JSDinTexas Guest
    I have about a million lumen flashlight on my 12ga with a thumb activated switch on the forearm - this is intended to blind and possibly disorient the perp. No laser since we are in a house that the longest shooting distance is probably 25 ft. Also, I replaced the front bead with a truglo light-illuminated front sight. The flashlight sits a hair behind the sight and will light it up when the flashlight goes on.
    Attached Images Attached Images Shotgun barrel mount.-light-truglo.jpg 

Shotgun barrel mount.

I think weapon lights are a necessity on any good HD weapon, handgun or shotgun. Lasers are more of a personal preference although I've never seen one put on a shotgun before. A well focused flashlight will work just as well as a laser on a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I think weapon lights are a necessity on any good HD weapon, handgun or shotgun. Lasers are more of a personal preference although I've never seen one put on a shotgun before. A well focused flashlight will work just as well as a laser on a shotgun.
    Here's another Rem I HAD set up like this. The Red Dot didn't work out, but it was dead on with slugs at 60'.