24-7 weapon - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 24-7 weapon

Colt Combat Commander Stainless 45, Benchmade and two spare mags, sometimes 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Colt Combat Commander Stainless 45, Benchmade and two spare mags, sometimes 4.
    Geez 4 mags? More power to you I guess. I'd have to start buying bigger pants putting all that IWB.

Springfield XDS

Springfield XDS .45 Love this gun. With me 24-7

Beretta Nano either in a Crossbreed style holster or a Desantis pocket holster according to the situation

A PAIR OF GLOCK 36'S. i just bought a pair of XD-s's. I have to try them out.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Geez 4 mags? More power to you I guess. I'd have to start buying bigger pants putting all that IWB.
    Haha people with 1911s have to carry tons of mags because those things are usually single stack and small capacity. 1 Glock mag can carry as many rounds as 3 1911 mags. Gotta love modern technology.

Proficiency doesn't mean how many rounds it takes, rather how few. I've carried a 4" 1911, plus one mag for over 40 years..... needed it twice, used only 3 rounds at most. I s'pose it takes some folks more rounds to get the job done than it does others. Shows ignorance to ridicule things you know nothing about

Whatever works for ya.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

My Glock 26 never leaves my side... either IWB or on the nightstand.
    G'Day and G'lock

Good responces, its cool that your job or activitys allow you to carry the bigger guns, a lot of jobs don't allow carry, and if they do sometimes its just not possible given the particular job, so I guess I was looking for the small pocket guns, I carry a TCP when at work, and a compact 1911 and a G-27 elsewhere, but the TCP is my 24-7 gun
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Proficiency doesn't mean how many rounds it takes, rather how few. I've carried a 4" 1911, plus one mag for over 40 years..... needed it twice, used only 3 rounds at most. I s'pose it takes some folks more rounds to get the job done than it does others. Shows ignorance to ridicule things you know nothing about

Whatever works for ya.
    Little defensive are we? I don't see where anybody ridiculed anything other than you implying that because somebody carries more magazines they're somehow less proficient.

I don't see any correlation between proficiency and how many rounds it takes to stop an attacker. You could be attacked by a 100lb 15 year-old girl with a knife and it only takes one shot to stop her or you could be attacked by a 260lb MMA fighter on meth and it takes 10 to bring him down. Stranger things have happened. I think the only one showing ignorance around here is you my friend.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast