Human being are stupid, they just are. - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Human being are stupid, they just are.

"Now this guy is at least 70, might weigh 130 and is about 5 3 While I am 20 years younger, 100 pounds heavier (and can bench press my body weight) and four inches taller and he wants to fight me."

Treo...I now know this much about you. You work in security, 50 years old, 230 pounds, 5'7" and you like to blow your horn.
    People should practice being in a state of relaxed awareness similar to defensive driving. Enjoy life, but study your surroundings.....http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/pract...onal-awareness

Think people aren't stupid? I sat parked waiting for my wife and watched a guy walk across 200 yards of blacktop parking lot and trip in THE only pothole in the entire lot. WTF is he looking at?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Sounds like roid rage. Old geezer probably just got his monthly hormone replacement therapy testosterone shot and was experiencing a bit of testosterone poisoning...or Alzheimer's. If you took his license plate down call the state MVD and tell them he needs a medical/psych evaluation to see if he's still fit to be driving.

As far as the horn goes...they can't cut you off if you let them in.....

Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    You're right, just let them in. It isn't a race.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    Sounds like roid rage. Old geezer probably just got his monthly hormone replacement therapy testosterone shot and was experiencing a bit of testosterone poisoning...or Alzheimer's. If you took his license plate down call the state MVD and tell them he needs a medical/psych evaluation to see if he's still fit to be driving.

~
    Usually with age comes experience comes wisdom. But not always some never grow up or get any wiser.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Think people aren't stupid? I sat parked waiting for my wife and watched a guy walk across 200 yards of blacktop parking lot and trip in THE only pothole in the entire lot. WTF is he looking at?
    Now that's FUNNY!!!! :p
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

8. Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Lol so you defer me to converse with somebody else? Really making your case there bud.
    My grandfather taught me a long time ago that trying to teach a pig to sing is just going to waste my time and irritate the pig. I'm not going to spend the time writing up what you could find easily on their website. I'm hoping you take the time to go see what they have to say so you can "show them your wisdom and intelligence". If you do, you will end up a changed person(one with real wisdom and intelligence)

I truly agree with you Treo that there are a lot of jackholes in this world. I have run across my share, and I agree with you that I make it a rule not to make certain comments based upon some strange reactions I have received. I have also had someone follow me to my house to yell at me. He was driving a work truck with company logo and phone number on the side. I pointed that out to him, which brought him back to some civility and he left. It wasn't the most pleasant of situations though and I have empathy for you and your situation.

However, I can't get through how he could have possibly got in your way at the intersection. If you were traveling south and turned right, you would then be facing west. If he was facing west and turned left, he'd be turning south and you guys never would have crossed paths. Could you explain?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    I contend that what most of world calls being stupid is more likely to be considered "being inconsiderate" and I believe that the definitions will bear me out.
    ~
    Stupid - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    ~
    Definition of STUPID
    1 a : slow of mind : OBTUSE
    b : given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner
    c : lacking intelligence or reason : BRUTISH
    2 : dulled in feeling or sensation : TORPID <still stupid from the sedative>
    3 : marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting : SENSELESS <a stupid decision>
    4 : lacking interest or point <a stupid event>

~

Inconsiderate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    ~
    Definition of INCONSIDERATE
    1 a : HEEDLESS, THOUGHTLESS b : careless of the rights or feelings of others
    2 : not adequately considered : ILL-ADVISED
    ~
    Would the older driver been more considerate of your situation or did he not adequately consider the ramification of his actions at the time.
    After all you did have your turn signal on, announcing your intentions to turn right. He can turn left in front of you legally as long as he doesn't create a hazardous condition for traffic flow. That being said one needs to consider all the possibilities and how can one do that without being well informed of your driving habits before had. I contend his decision to turn in front of you was ill advised even though lawful since everything could not be considered properly.
    Highlighted in red... STUPID was a correct word choice.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    He also died at 32.
    Don't you know?? Bruce Lee still lives... it's a mafia conspiracy.

*rolls eyes*

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast