Human being are stupid, they just are. - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Human being are stupid, they just are.

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    I have been riding since I was 9 years old. When I was 22-24 I rode all the time summer and winter. Had my share of lane changers who were so lazy as to not turn their head to see if anybody was in the lane next to them. I've always thought if everybody spent two years riding a bike they would end up a better defensive driver. Because if you live through those two years you spent it watching everybody driving all around you just to stay alive!
    Forty six years of riding experience has taught me that if you want to survive riding a motorcycle, you must always consider yourself INVISIBLE.

Those People Who Will Not Be Governed By God Will Be Ruled By Tyrants.
    ~William Penn
    America's Epitaph
    Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, He Gave Them Over To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done

For many years I rode my motorcycle the 33 miles to work.. and the 33 miles back home... almost every day. If there was less than an inch of snow on the road in the morning I rode my 2 wheeler. There were several mornings that I watched cars ahead of me on I 75 start fishtailing and then zip off either into the median or off into the ditch... and I just kept on puttering along right on by them on my motorcycle.

What was really fun was to pass people.... Sometimes while sliding sideways...

Got frost bit a few times too....

I have been riding since I was 9 years old. When I was 22-24 I rode all the time summer and winter. Had my share of lane changers who were so lazy as to not turn their head to see if anybody was in the lane next to them. I've always thought if everybody spent two years riding a bike they would end up a better defensive driver. Because if you live through those two years you spent it watching everybody driving all around you just to stay alive!
    I'm sure you are one of the better motorcycle drivers out there. I too have been riding many years and can attest to the idiocy of car and truck drivers. But let us not be so hasty as to elevate all motorcycle riders as being better at driving and free from being idiots. I have stopped riding in groups because of the idiot mentality I have witnessed among motorcycle riders. Stupid runs deep no matter what vehicle a person drives. I've known some motorcyclists that have been driving for years who are the craziest, most idiotic drivers I've ever seen.

I just choose to do most of my motorcycle riding off the beaten path where there are less drivers (cars, trucks, and/or motorcycles) around. I still keep an eye out for the moron who will try to kill me by their laziness and stupidity, but I have to do it a lot less on these types of roads.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I'm sure you are one of the better motorcycle drivers out there. I too have been riding many years and can attest to the idiocy of car and truck drivers. But let us not be so hasty as to elevate all motorcycle riders as being better at driving and free from being idiots. I have stopped riding in groups because of the idiot mentality I have witnessed among motorcycle riders. Stupid runs deep no matter what vehicle a person drives. I've known some motorcyclists that have been driving for years who are the craziest, most idiotic drivers I've ever seen.

I just choose to do most of my motorcycle riding off the beaten path where there are less drivers (cars, trucks, and/or motorcycles) around. I still keep an eye out for the moron who will try to kill me by their laziness and stupidity, but I have to do it a lot less on these types of roads.
    Exactly right. There are always exceptions to every rule. I just think that, on the most part, people who ride bikes are most likely to be more alert that non bike riders. At least the ones who are still alive or not crippled. The ones who are still alive have to be more attentive to stay that way. Once it becomes habit it bleeds over to driving autos.
    With my back long trips are just a sweet memory now. ymmv.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

John Wayne said it best: "Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."

Exactly right. There are always exceptions to every rule. I just think that, on the most part, people who ride bikes are most likely to be more alert that non bike riders. At least the ones who are still alive or not crippled. The ones who are still alive have to be more attentive to stay that way. Once it becomes habit it bleeds over to driving autos.
    With my back long trips are just a sweet memory now. ymmv.
    There's an old saying.... there are drunk motorcyclists and there are old motorcyclists... there are no old and drunk motorcyclists.

One could substitute the word stupid in for drunk. ;)

I have to agree with you... I'm a much more focused caged driver because of being a motorcyclist. I would also agree with your assertion that most people who ride bikes regularly, tend to be more alert drivers all around.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

A motorcycle is ridden, not driven.

Those People Who Will Not Be Governed By God Will Be Ruled By Tyrants.
    ~William Penn
    America's Epitaph
    Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, He Gave Them Over To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456