Human being are stupid, they just are.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Human being are stupid, they just are.

Human being are stupid, they just are.

This is another one of my human beings are stupid threads,

To lay out the scene: four way intersection I have the right of way the other guy has a stop sign. I’m driving South in the right lane and turning right onto my street, he is facing West and turning left into my lane in a pick up with a trailer. As I approach the intersection I hit my turn signal and prepare to turn right when he pulls completely out in front of me to turn left with his truck. I laid on the horn (my first mistake) and turned out of his way, he continues south.

Now for the rant:

I drive down the block pull into my driveway park the car and get out to open the garage door. My wife walks out on the porch and guess who comes down the street? Apparently this guy has circled the block and come back looking for me. He turns his truck and trailer around (for which I give him kudos because I couldn’t have done it on my street) pulls up in front of my drive way , gets out and commences to read me the riot act.

Now this guy is at least 70, might weigh 130 and is about 5’ 3” While I am 20 years younger, 100 pounds heavier (and can bench press my body weight) and four inches taller and he wants to fight me.
    So I meet this guy at the end of my driveway, I blade up to him hold out my hand and say, in my best security guard voice, “Sir, this is private property, you are not welcome here, please leave.” He blades up as well and starts mocking me (my wife is on the front porch doing her best not to laugh) and then invites me into the street to “settle it” (so it’s less illegal if he “whups my ass” in the street than on my driveway?). At this point I tell you guy “You have a good day sir”, turn to walk away and he starts cussing again. (My wife is beet red at this point).

That’s when I lost it. I stopped, I turned around and in my mind I really wanted to ask the guy the same question I ask you guys (about people like him) all the time; “what in the Hell is going through your head mister? Do you not realize that if you keep dicking around with random strangers like this sooner or later one of them is going to either kick your ass or shoot you?” I actually began to ask him “Mr. do you see how I’m dressed?” The thought I was going for was you see I’m in a guard uniform, did it ever occur to you that I might be armed and that I might take exception to your tone of voice? But I guess my wife knows me better than I thought because she told me to shut up and come in the house as soon as the first part came out of my mouth.

FWIW she heard the whole exchange and says that I didn’t hear most of what the guy said. She said that he repeated several times that he didn’t like me honking at him and she says that if I had simply acknowledged that and apologized he would have left. I’m guessing she’s right.

The other thing I noticed is that he kept going back to his truck then coming back at me and both DW and I think he had some kind of weapon in there. I have assured my wife that with that much difference in our relative size and strength he would have had to produce a gun before I would have shot him but she doesn’t believe me.

So about that time I think the guy came to his senses because he got back in the truck and told me “You will see me again.” He then informed that that wasn’t meant as a threat (then what was it meant as?) and drove away.

And once again I’m left asking you all are these people stupid?

And let me get this out of the way, I am fully aware that had I had the brains to not lay on the horn you wouldn’t be reading this
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Can't fix stupid.

A few years ago an over the hill wannabe biker in a utility van wanted to fight me in McDonald's parking lot LMFAO!

I was twice his size. Not saying much considering I'm 6'0" and 190 LOL.

Funny how stupid people get really mad when you laugh at them :p
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

4. Bruce Lee was a little guy.

5. Maybe you got lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by AzBanks View Post
    Bruce Lee was a little guy.
    That spent a lot of time practicing fighting and working on his fitness level.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

The reason I just can’t understand the thought process in people like this is that it’s something I would never do.

As I’ve posted before numerous times I make it a rule not to trifle with people I don’t know because I have won what I call the psycho lottery and have had people respond completely disproportionately to what I thought was a minor comment or an action I took. I have learned my lesson well, I know people are crazy and unpredictable and I don’t mess with them. So, it amazes me when I see someone who does.

Blog Entries
    You sure do have a way with people treo lol

Quote Originally Posted by AzBanks View Post
    Bruce Lee was a little guy.
    Bruce Lee was a badass!
    Wannabe toddler biker was not LOL
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Stupid is as stupid does. Most people don't understand how 4 way stops are supposed to work. I see standoffs all the time where nobody moves and also the "polite" ones that motion the wrong ones to go first.

Lately I give the people about 2 seconds. If no one moves I go, no matter where I am in regards to who's first. Otherwise, it seems no one will move.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Stupid is as stupid does. Most people don't understand how 4 way stops are supposed to work. I see standoffs all the time where nobody moves and also the "polite" ones that motion the wrong ones to go first.

Lately I give the people about 2 seconds. If no one moves I go, no matter where I am in regards to who's first. Otherwise, it seems no one will move.
    Ok thanks for the traffic lesson, no part of this incident occurred at a 4 way stop

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast