Homeowner shoots non-compliant burglar, KDFW, Dallas, Texas 06/24/13 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Homeowner shoots non-compliant burglar, KDFW, Dallas, Texas 06/24/13

Quote Originally Posted by blueribbonman View Post
    For a liberal state I'm suprised that Washington is pretty loose on things when protecting your home & person, but I'll have no problem pulling the trigger when I have to.
    Overall, WA is NOT a liberal state. The only problem is that King county IS extremely liberal and they sway the vote. Just like NYC in NY and Portland down in OR. One large population center of those fools can ruin it for the rest of the state.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Actually at night you can protect yourself and your property.
    Yes, you can but is it a good tactical decision? Do you know exactly how many people are out there? Are any hiding where you can't see them, are they armed? Are they drugged up?

Is it worth the risk? All it takes is one lucky shot by the bad guy and you don't go anywhere but a pine box.

Shot him multiple times and the guy still ran? What caliber was it? I'm thinking a .380 or .32

5. Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AzBanks View Post
    Actually, the homeowner needs to learn better shot placement. According to FBI statistics more people die each year from being shot with a 22 than any other caliber. With good, high quality, current defensive ammo, the expanded diameter difference between 9mm and 45 is less than 1/10 of an inch. Size was a much bigger factor with FMJ bullets but not so much with current defensive hollow points. Shot placement is king.

Here is more proof the caliber wars are over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=B2_kHtCKEwQ
    That's good! Funny.

Quote Originally Posted by AzBanks View Post
    If my wife and kids are safe in the house with me, there is no tactical reason I need to exit the house to confront someone in my shed. Why put yourself in a position where there could multiple adversaries, all possibly armed, over some garden tools.

I don't want to shoot someone over a weed wacker, I certainly don't want to get myself killed over a weed wacker.
    My opinion, but this is a good self-defense mindset. Protect what's truly valuable: the lives and well being of your family and yourself. If it's not worth dying for, it's not worth shooting someone for, and not worth the risk of exposing yourself to unknown dangers for.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I don't care if I can, I'm still not shooting someone over a $100 weedeater.
    Is that with Tax?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The only reason I wouldnt shoot you over a $100 weedwacker is because I am not allowed to protect property but you know what? It is my weedwacker and you have no right to it unless I give it to you. The way I see it, if you are willing to break into my shed, garage or my home with me there, you have absolutely no fear of my response and I have no idea of what your intentions are. So for me, failure to respond to my orders while on my property will most likely put me in fear for my safety because if you feel you can break in and ignore what I am telling you, then you deserve what you get. I investigate bumps in the night with a shotgun so I am really not to concerned about calibur wars.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    The only reason I wouldnt shoot you over a $100 weedwacker is because I am not allowed to protect property but you know what? It is my weedwacker and you have no right to it unless I give it to you. The way I see it, if you are willing to break into my shed, garage or my home with me there, you have absolutely no fear of my response and I have no idea of what your intentions are. So for me, failure to respond to my orders while on my property will most likely put me in fear for my safety because if you feel you can break in and ignore what I am telling you, then you deserve what you get. I investigate bumps in the night with a shotgun so I am really not to concerned about calibur wars.
    Exactly right on brother! OoRah!
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

The value you place on life is usually a reflection of the value of your life.

I can't imagine living a life so pathetic I would kill another person over $100.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    Shot him multiple times and the guy still ran? What caliber was it? I'm thinking a .380 or .32

Or 9x19, which has a horrible track record.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast