Homeowner shoots non-compliant burglar, KDFW, Dallas, Texas 06/24/13 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homeowner shoots non-compliant burglar, KDFW, Dallas, Texas 06/24/13

I would kill him over a nickle if I felt my or my families life was in danger. You obviously cannot comprehend English or you would know why the man in the article fired.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    The value you place on life is usually a reflection of the value of your life.

I can't imagine living a life so pathetic I would kill another person over $100.
    Really? How about if that was the last $100 you and your family had to eat on? Or pay rent? Or gas to get your family to safety? Their are a lot of people where that $100 IS the difference between life and abject poverty. No offence to you but the world is full of people who would kill you and your family if they thought it would get them their next fix. Pathetic? Yes, but true.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Homeowner shoots non-compliant burglar, KDFW, Dallas, Texas 06/24/13

If you do not shoot, the BG will come back another day. If you let him go he will come back and with worth intention. Once you shot someone, all the neighborhood will respect you and your property.

Quote Originally Posted by AzBanks View Post
    Yes, you can but is it a good tactical decision? Do you know exactly how many people are out there? Are any hiding where you can't see them, are they armed? Are they drugged up?

Is it worth the risk? All it takes is one lucky shot by the bad guy and you don't go anywhere but a pine box.
    The question is do we encourage criminals by sitting in our home and calling the police? Remember when seconds count the cops are only minutes away.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

6. Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    The question is do we encourage criminals by sitting in our home and calling the police? Remember when seconds count the cops are only minutes away.
    If they are encouraged, maybe they'll try their luck coming into the house where my family is.

Anyone breaks into my house, I can only assume that their intentions are nefarious. How nefarious? I don't know. I can only assume that they may be capable of any crime up to and including murder. Since I can not know their true intentions and to allow them to roam around my house at will is placing my family in danger of possible harm up to and including death, I have no choice but to open the biggest can of whoop-ass I have available.

My friends use the phrase that the locks on my house are for the criminal's protection, not mine.

Oh, you never know.... as far as some people can make it after being seriously shot (vital organs, etc).

The one that always stuck with me was when 3 guys tried to do an armed home invasion. When the police got there, (homeowner used a shotgun)there was one dead on the porch (he made it out of the house), one dead at the edge of the property by the street, and they said..... "one running down the street with a limp" (had buckshot in his leg from his hip to his feet).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123