Homeowner shoots non-compliant burglar, KDFW, Dallas, Texas 06/24/13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Homeowner shoots non-compliant burglar, KDFW, Dallas, Texas 06/24/13

Homeowner shoots non-compliant burglar, KDFW, Dallas, Texas 06/24/13

Homeowner shoots non-compliant burglar, KDFW, Dallas, Texas 06/24/13, The Dallas Morning News, Dallas, Texas 06/24/13

Posted on June 26, 2013
    An alarm installed in a tool shed alerted a homeowner in Dallas, Texas to a burglary in progress on his property. The homeowner retrieved a gun, went outside to the shed and ordered the criminal, who had been attempting to steal a weed eater, to stop where he was. When the burglar did not comply, the homeowner -- fearful for his own safety and that of his family -- fired, striking the criminal multiple times.
    Despite suffering from gunshot wounds, the burglar managed to hop a fence and flee a half-mile to his apartment. However, once there the criminal’s family called 911 and he was discovered by authorities and taken to a local hospital. An investigation revealed that the criminal has a previous burglary conviction. (KDFW, Dallas, Texas 06/24/13, The Dallas Morning News, Dallas, Texas 06/24/13)
    NRA-ILA | Homeowner shoots non-compliant burglar, KDFW, Dallas, Texas 06/24/13, The Dallas Morning News, Dallas, Texas 06/24/13
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Going to be interesting to see how this one turns out.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Going to be interesting to see how this one turns out.
    ~
    In Texas you can use deadly force to protect yourself, family and property. Especially at night. Lived there for over 50 years seen it done and read about it in the newspapers. He won't even be filed on. imo
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

5. The one thing I get from this article is the homeowner needs a larger caliber handgun, because the burglar was still able to walk after being shot.

6. Quote Originally Posted by AndyF View Post
    The one thing I get from this article is the homeowner needs a larger caliber handgun, because the burglar was still able to walk after being shot.
    Actually, the homeowner needs to learn better shot placement. According to FBI statistics more people die each year from being shot with a 22 than any other caliber. With good, high quality, current defensive ammo, the expanded diameter difference between 9mm and 45 is less than 1/10 of an inch. Size was a much bigger factor with FMJ bullets but not so much with current defensive hollow points. Shot placement is king.

Here is more proof the caliber wars are over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=B2_kHtCKEwQ

Blog Entries
    For a liberal state I'm suprised that Washington is pretty loose on things when protecting your home & person, but I'll have no problem pulling the trigger when I have to.

I don't care if I can, I'm still not shooting someone over a $100 weedeater.

While I agree about the value of the weedeater the homeowner said he was fearful for the safety himself and his family suggesting more to the words "did not comply". If the burglar got aggressive toward the homeowner, well, bang bang. I would hope that when confronted the BG would just run off. If not, well, I'm not going to risk getting hurt and leave my wife vulnerable. Just ain't gonna happen. Hopefully we might get some more detail as to what transpired.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

10. If my wife and kids are safe in the house with me, there is no tactical reason I need to exit the house to confront someone in my shed. Why put yourself in a position where there could multiple adversaries, all possibly armed, over some garden tools.

I don't want to shoot someone over a weed wacker, I certainly don't want to get myself killed over a weed wacker.

Actually at night you can protect yourself and your property.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast