Buying a LEO Glock? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buying a LEO Glock?

1. Quote Originally Posted by BUmmedic View Post
    Yeah, and I think we're serious about getting in on it, too. Finder's fee included.
    Lol well if it were legal, I'd buy them all up and let them go for cost. I'm all for getting as many guns in the hands of people who deserve them with as little trouble to them as possible. I wouldn't charge a finders fee. My name isn't CheaperThanDirt! Haha

I'm in the middle of trying to find a spare mag for my PK380 and I'm doing good to find one for less than double the MSRP right now. The price gouging is getting ridiculous! I'm trying to figure out who's more pro-gun control...the Democrats or the retailers. I'm convinced that people in the firearms business vote Democrat, cause every time there's one in office their sales go through the roof, and they jack their prices up while they do.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post

I'm in the middle of trying to find a spare mag for my PK380 and I'm doing good to find one for less than double the MSRP right now.
    If my girlfriend wasn't so attached to it, I'd just give you the one out of the pink PK380 she has. I hate that thing lol. =\

4. Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    If my girlfriend wasn't so attached to it, I'd just give you the one out of the pink PK380 she has. I hate that thing lol. =\
    I hate mine too, but it's about the only gun I own that the fiancé will shoot.

Our local sheriff's department sells their deputy issued Glock 22's every now and again, I guess to put towards the new ones they bought to replace them. They sell them for $200 each. Now I'm not sure exactly how much these guns are used during their service life, but for those of you who do, do you think that $200 is worth it or should I just put my money into a new one?
    I volunteer with our county's Sheriff's department in their reserve unit. I have purchased new and I have purchased used Glocks. At least at our dealers, they refurbish these weapons (replace springs, triggers if need be, etc.) so they are in excellent working order. Also, some of these deputies shoot no more than 60 rounds per year (qualifications), however, most go to the range monthly and train on their own.

Regardless of how used the firearm is, ask if it is refurbished, ask to field strip it to take a look at it, and dry fire it. Chances are not only is it a good deal, you'll be getting a newly refurbished firearm. I'd jump at it, in fact, I'd get more than one and sell the others online at that price.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

6. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I volunteer with our county's Sheriff's department in their reserve unit. I have purchased new and I have purchased used Glocks. At least at our dealers, they refurbish these weapons (replace springs, triggers if need be, etc.) so they are in excellent working order. Also, some of these deputies shoot no more than 60 rounds per year (qualifications), however, most go to the range monthly and train on their own.

Regardless of how used the firearm is, ask if it is refurbished, ask to field strip it to take a look at it, and dry fire it. Chances are not only is it a good deal, you'll be getting a newly refurbished firearm. I'd jump at it, in fact, I'd get more than one and sell the others online at that price.
    Does the reserves in your county get the ammo to train like the regular deputies do? I'm supposed to be starting the reserves later this summer.

I think that $200.00 for a used Glock 22 is a GREAT deal. I was in law enforcement for 29 years and about the only time our service weapons were fired was once a year for qualification with 50 rounds.

Tokarevs are usually going for more than $200 these days! Get it!

9. Hey I can buy two of them right now, if they take Paypal.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
    I think that $200.00 for a used Glock 22 is a GREAT deal. I was in law enforcement for 29 years and about the only time our service weapons were fired was once a year for qualification with 50 rounds.

Great, thank you for your service sir.

Does the reserves in your county get the ammo to train like the regular deputies do? I'm supposed to be starting the reserves later this summer.
    They provided us with ammo for qualifications (2 50rd boxes) and do provide ammo for qualifications each year. However, for the firearms training, we needed to provide our own ammo. Buy it in bulk, and with today's prices, I'd even buy remanufactured. Glocks will eat anything given to them. For our county, they required the .40's to use 180gr, and the .45's 250gr, but I'd check with your reservists before I'd buy.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast