Illinois Governor Guts Concealed Carry Bill - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illinois Governor Guts Concealed Carry Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    I wonder what a carried allowed sign looks like? LMBO!!!
    It would look like the one on the CCW classroom door here. Circle with no line thru a gun silhouette.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

3. I'm surprised the guv didn't require every carrier to wear a placard around their necks saying, "weapon of mass destruction on board", to make the sheep yell and scream, "he's got a gun, he's got a gun!"

Illinois' state government has to be as blatantly stupid as New York's.

Illinois Governor Guts Concealed Carry Bill

It was all entirely anticipated. The bill is already on the docket to overturn the veto, and it passed both chambers with more than enough votes to do it.
    This is just a way for Quinn to yell his supporters that "he tried, but the evil legislature doesn't care for their constituents"

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    ...Illinois just needs to get wiped clean and start over. How did such a bad apple get dropped right in the the heart of the Midwest?

Luckily the bill was passed with veto proof majorities so let's hope it stays that way and these changes are tossed. Then recall this fool.
    When it become apparent the Gov was going to pull this crap, one of the original supporters said the bill was the result of both parties reaching agreement. He stated they are due back in next week, I believe, and should override the veto easily. If any of you on this forum live in Illinois, I suggest contacting your legislators now so the Gov doesn't pick off enough to prevent override. This is Chicago politics. It is where the "anointed one" learned his sleaze. The end justifies doing whatever it takes and nothing is "criminal" if it keeps you in power.
    Dave "The said Constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by escapedthematrix View Post
    Dumb.... just dumb. One magazine with no more than 10 round capacity? So they are saying you can protect yourself now but not TOO much. I mean you have to give the bad guy a chance, right? The rest of the bill is also dumb but I just thought I'd comment on this particular point.
    at least you can have 10 rds, here in new York you can only have 7 rds in a 10 rd mag. avantage criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by gramps14609 View Post
    at least you can have 10 rds, here in new York you can only have 7 rds in a 10 rd mag. avantage criminals.
    But I don't think that NY restricted the number of mags you could have.

And here's a good one to think about. As the idiot gov wants the bill, you can't go to a gun shop armed and come out with a second gun you just bought. Because he, in his idiotic wisdom, included loaded and unloaded guns in his restriction to one gun. Which also violates Fed laws as his way says one only in a vehicle too. Sounds like he needs a few whacks with a cluestick. And then a trip to join Blago.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12