How many times do you chamber a round? - Page 3

View Poll Results: How many times do you chamber a round?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • One

3 7.89%
  • 2-5 times

12 31.58%
  • 6-10 times

5 13.16%
  • 11-20 times

1 2.63%
  • 21+

0 0%
  • Until I shoot it

17 44.74%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many times do you chamber a round?

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    9mm also can be driven back in the casing. In fact, any round that doesn't get crimped in can do it. I have a couple 9s right now that are that way and need the bullets pulled and redone.

As to the original question, I rotate the ones in the mag if I unchamber a round. It might take a year to get back to the original round and by then, it should have already been shot at the range. So 2 or 3 at max.
    Exactly. Since having had this "bullet set back" issue myself, I do the same thing. It was all part of the learning process.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I used to do the same thing sometimes. But, I've heard you risk breaking the extractor if you let the slide slam on a chambered round.

-
    It's a GLOCK........end of my question that this thread started with.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Here's another video--

Again..............GLOCK.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Again..............GLOCK.
    As stated the other day to me, " Aren't Glocks just overpriced Hi-Points?"
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I used to do the same thing sometimes. But, I've heard you risk breaking the extractor if you let the slide slam on a chambered round.

-
    It's a GLOCK........end of my question that this thread started with.
    I've been loading 1 up this way for 8 years in my Glock and have never had an issue or any signs of excessive extractor wear.

I Have had to replace the top round several times on my .45 and 9mm. As soon as that round looks "Damaged" in any way it is replaced.
    I only go to the ranger every 2 to 3 weeks but my rounds get ejected and re-chambered at least once per day.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I've never needed an instructor (except my father) to teach me anything about guns. After 50 years of being gentle loading and putting a pistol into battery I've not once experienced an ever so slightly out of battery pistol that went click instead of bang. You just have to understand what "gentle" means compared to "slam" and be wise enough to do a safety check. Like I said, no problem.
    Well that's nice. You clearly have nothing left to learn then.
    I will just say I have never seen a professional (military, LE, competition, instructor) use that method to load a semi-auto pistol, or recommend it to anyone else as a means to load their pistol. I think there's a reason for that.

So I guess I need to open another thread; at WHAT POINT DOES ONE BECOME AN EXPERT ON FIREARMS? Have read lots over the few years here. Just not sure how accurate some posts are. YES, that also includes "Instructors".

Quote Originally Posted by JCliff View Post
    Well that's nice. You clearly have nothing left to learn then.
    I will just say I have never seen a professional (military, LE, competition, instructor) use that method to load a semi-auto pistol, or recommend it to anyone else as a means to load their pistol. I think there's a reason for that.
    Yes it is nice. Like I said, after 50 years of being gentle loading and putting a pistol into battery I've not once experienced an ever so slightly out of battery pistol that went click instead of bang. If it doesn't work for you then I will have to say you have much to learn regardless of your reasoning.

Those People Who Will Not Be Governed By God Will Be Ruled By Tyrants.
    ~William Penn ~
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

Mine is always already chambered, once.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast