How many times do you chamber a round? - Page 4

View Poll Results: How many times do you chamber a round?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • One

3 7.89%
  • 2-5 times

12 31.58%
  • 6-10 times

5 13.16%
  • 11-20 times

1 2.63%
  • 21+

0 0%
  • Until I shoot it

17 44.74%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How many times do you chamber a round?

Quote Originally Posted by JCliff View Post
    Well that's nice. You clearly have nothing left to learn then.
    There are vessels of different size.

Some just don't hold that much and therefore don't take quite as long to fill.
    Highly recommended reading:
    QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by schadenfreude View Post
    Once I chamber a round, it remains chambered until I either go to the range (practice) or have to clean the gun. If it goes to the range, it is fired and if it removed due to weapon maintenance, it is set aside for later use at the range as practice ammo.
    Me too. And if I ever do rechamber one, I check the length against one from the box. I've seen some pretty bad setback on jhp.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    Me too. And if I ever do rechamber one, I check the length against one from the box. I've seen some pretty bad setback on jhp.
    That's a quick and easy way to check for any change in OAL. Have to file that one away for future reference.

I usually set them aside for practice/training, but this may give me an option for when 'extra' ammo isn't immediately available.
    Highly recommended reading:
    QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

The round is chambered until it goes bang or is ejected for gun maintenance/cleaning. When I get a new shipment of ammo sometimes I will exchange an entire magazine with the new ammo including the chambered round. But I'd say 2 to 5 times a year
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Until I shoot it, or until is shows setback, which I've only had happen once and that thing was chambered a LOT! The whole chambering a round once is way beyond paranoia.

[QUOTE=tcox4freedom;447001]Mine stays chambered unless I'm cleaning or at the range. If if unchamber a SD round to use FMJs at the range I inspect the round and rotate to the bottom of the magazine. This has been my standard practice for several years now and I've not experienced any problems with setback.

Pretty much the same as I do it.

How many times do you chamber a round?

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Until I shoot it, or until is shows setback, which I've only had happen once and that thing was chambered a LOT! The whole chambering a round once is way beyond paranoia.
    Completely agree. I've rechambered the same round countless times over a 6mo- 1yr period and only had it set back .003. I've never had a problem with it affecting anything.

Maybe 2-3 times a year for cleaning otherwise new ammo range time.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234