Semper Fi: Colt M45A1 CQBP Marine Pistol Review - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Semper Fi: Colt M45A1 CQBP Marine Pistol Review

Quote Originally Posted by Amsdorf View Post
    The USMC made a big mistake arming its troops, again, with an antiquated sidearm with limited capacity.

Here's why:

The United States Marine Corps' $22.5 Million Dollar Mistake! - YouTube
    Your opinion. Others including the Marines might have something else to say. FNP 45 has had problems and no US military group uses it. The 1911 is tried and true with armorers who know how to rebuild them.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Y'know, the only problem I've had with a 1911 (mine specifically) has been magizines... not the weapon itself. I've had Taurus factory mags cause FTFs before, so I try to stick with McCormick mags. They have never given me issues and I've never had a problem shooting 230gr FMJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Y'know, the only problem I've had with a 1911 (mine specifically) has been magizines... not the weapon itself. I've had Taurus factory mags cause FTFs before, so I try to stick with McCormick mags. They have never given me issues and I've never had a problem shooting 230gr FMJ.
    I've had two Taurus PT1911s. Neither one had ever given ever given me any problems. I only sold the blued one because I didn't see the need for two and that blued ones rust. I kept and still have the stainless one. Use the stainless one for backup when my Sig C3 is down for cleaning.
    NRA Certified RSO

5. Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post

Brother, I have three brothers and two nephews that went Marine. All are very special in a short bus kind of way...lol...Every once in a while, I will throw in a two syllable word to mess with them...lol...just kidding...no really, just kidding....ummmm....yeah
    Now,i will say,that was funny

Have you tried Wilson Combat mags? They've never been anything other than completely reliable, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Have you tried Wilson Combat mags? They've never been anything other than completely reliable, for me.
    No, I haven't... just the name gives my wallet the chills though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

They aren't that bad in price.
    NRA Certified RSO

This "news" is over a year old. Give it a rest already. Those that put their life on the line should be able to choose the weapon they want to use to protect that same life. Give 'em what they want to defend themselves with, and get the hell out of their way.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Haha I can understand that, but thy really aren't that bad. $27-$32 depending where to get them and they'll last a lifetime.

I've had a good experience with Wilson Combat mags also. Not too expensive, and they work. All the time.
    I hated, just absolutely hated, when we went to the M9 9mm Beretta. I for one cheer the Marines return to the 1911 in .45 as a combat sidearm. I do not agree with all of the conclusions drawn in Amsdorf's video.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast