Semper Fi: Colt M45A1 CQBP Marine Pistol Review
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Semper Fi: Colt M45A1 CQBP Marine Pistol Review

Semper Fi: Colt M45A1 CQBP Marine Pistol Review

Semper Fi: Colt M45A1 CQBP Marine Pistol Review-colt-m45a1-cqbp-marine-pistol_001.jpg

The M45A1 Close Quarters Battle Pistol (CQBP) was announced on July 20, 2012, chosen from three submissions to a 2010 solicitation handed down by Marine Corps Systems Command (MARCORSYSCOM). Colt, Springfield Armory, and Karl Lippard Designs offered a replacement for the age-old rebuilt .45s, and thus, a variation of the Colt 1911 Rail Gun renewed its enlistment in the U.S. Marine Corps.

The initial delivery order following the announcement specified 4,036 pistols and spares. The contract, however, carries with it an indefinite-delivery and indefinite-quantity clause for up to 12,000 M45s, spare parts, and logistical support. The value of this contract is said to be worth $22.5 million to Colt.

Marine Corps Special Operations Command (MARSOC) and Marine Expeditionary Unit Special Operation Command [MEU(SOC)], members of Force Recon, Special Reaction Teams (SRT), and the Marine Corps pistol team are the expected end-users for the first new Colt 1911s added to an armory’s inventory since World War II.

Read more:

Semper Fi: Colt M45A1 CQBP Marine Pistol Review - Shooting Times
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

What worked a hundred years ago, still works today.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

22.5 million bucks divided by 12,000 units= $1875 per gun (including spare parts...)

...the civilian version of this gun was first advertized to be $1295

Marine MARSOC M45 1911 Now Offered In Civilian Version | The Firearm Blog

but then in a thread from AR15.com, there was someone claiming a price of $1995 direct from Colt's custom shop.

Think it might be worth figuring up a custom job of your/my own on a used model...might be more cost effective; might not too.

I was so happy when I read the Marines were going back to a .45 pistol !! I prefer a S&W .45 which is double action first shot, and single action subsequent shots. We carried these when I worked as a deputy sheriff. I always left the safety off, and felt quite comfortable with the pistol. I cannot believe some of the deputies, who obviously did not know how the weapon was designed to work, carried with the safety on. When suddenly confronted with a life threatening situation, would they automatically turn the safety off? I did not take the chance. I suspect the Marines are trained to quickly jack a cartridge into the chamber with the safety off, but having never been a Marine what do I know. I am just happy they are returning to the .45acp which works great. I laugh when I see the new .45acp cartridge wanna be's, like .40s&w, and .45 g.a.p. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by KSDeputy View Post
    I was so happy when I read the Marines were going back to a .45 pistol !! I prefer a S&W .45 which is double action first shot, and single action subsequent shots. We carried these when I worked as a deputy sheriff. I always left the safety off, and felt quite comfortable with the pistol. I cannot believe some of the deputies, who obviously did not know how the weapon was designed to work, carried with the safety on. When suddenly confronted with a life threatening situation, would they automatically turn the safety off? I did not take the chance. I suspect the Marines are trained to quickly jack a cartridge into the chamber with the safety off, but having never been a Marine what do I know. I am just happy they are returning to the .45acp which works great. I laugh when I see the new .45acp cartridge wanna be's, like .40s&w, and .45 g.a.p. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.
    I don't quite understand your reasoning but I would MUCH rather carry a SAO with a safety on that a DA/SA safety off. People say a safety is just one more thing to fumble with...if you train with it, it's not any slower than any other gun. I can have the safety off by the time the muzzle clears the holster.

And no, no military branch would ever train it's members to carry their weapon with the safety off...ever. If its got one, you're using it.

7. Would a muzzle wipe have hurt much before presentation? Jeeves.

All that flash... and only a 7 round mag.

Why not 8?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Once again a service goes out on its own to be special. I guess now since all services have their own GQ combat uniform, we are going to different weapons systems for all now...How quaint and super non-cost effective.

DISCLAIMER: I love a 1911 and carry one.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    Once again a service goes out on its own to be special. I guess now since all services have their own GQ combat uniform, we are going to different weapons systems for all now...How quaint and super non-cost effective.

DISCLAIMER: I love a 1911 and carry one.
    I don't have a problem with the services having different uniforms to set them apart. That actually makes sense in a combat environment. The stupid part is the Army spending $6 billion on a uniform system from R&D through implementation before realizing it doesn't work...anywhere. Gray camouflage? Really? Only used it for 5 years before starting to phase them out.

Weapons systems will always be different for different branches as they all play different roles and have different necessities.

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Would a muzzle wipe have hurt much before presentation? Jeeves.
    Some airbrushed flames on the muzzle would have looked better, LOL. I can't say I like the color of the grips though but I am diggin the coyote tan frame!
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast