Man arrested in Detroit area for driving armored vehicle w/Ma Deuce
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man arrested in Detroit area for driving armored vehicle w/Ma Deuce

ezkl2230 Guest

Man arrested in Detroit area for driving armored vehicle w/Ma Deuce

What do you think, folks? The article doesn't indicate that he was actually firing his converted-to-compressed gas ma deuce, he was just driving around town with the gun mounted on his armored vehicle. Police arrested one person and confiscated the vehicle and gun.

Man arrested in Shelby Twp. for driving around with modified, mounted machine gun | The Detroit News

Blog Entries
    Ummmm...why would you do that? I think he should be given a mental health evaluation.

4. Uh??? He was in Detroit people. He needed protection. .. lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using USA Carry mobile app

Was the guy's name "Jack"?

This happened on a flight getting ready to
    depart for Detroit.

Jack was sitting on the plane when a guy
    took the seat beside him. The guy was an
    emotional wreck, pale, hands shaking,
    moaning in fear.

"What's the matter?" Jack asked.

"I've been transferred to Detroit, there's
    crazy people there. They've got lots of
    shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs,
    poor public schools, and the highest
    crime rate."

Jack replied, "I've lived in Detroit all my life.
    It's not as bad as the media says. Find a
    nice home, go to work, mind your own
    business, enroll your kids in a nice private
    school.

It's as safe a place as anywhere in the world."

The guy relaxed and stopped shaking and said,
    "Oh, thank you. I've been worried to death.
    But if you live there and say it's OK, I'll take your
    word for it. What do you do for a living?"

"Me?" said Jack. "I'm a tail gunner on a Budweiser truck."
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    What do you think, folks? The article doesn't indicate that he was actually firing his converted-to-compressed gas ma deuce, he was just driving around town with the gun mounted on his armored vehicle. Police arrested one person and confiscated the vehicle and gun.

Man arrested in Shelby Twp. for driving around with modified, mounted machine gun | The Detroit News
    Uh, wrong. First paragraph says
    Police phones began ringing off the hook at about 11:30 p.m. Thursday when citizens flooded the department with reports of a man shooting an automatic weapon at people on a crowded city street.

From The Detroit News: Man arrested in Shelby Twp. for driving around with modified, mounted machine gun | The Detroit News
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Uh, wrong. First paragraph says
    Sorry, my bad. I was a bit distracted today.

I think it's rather funny .. actually.

I think at best the courts will get them on public disturbance (just like shouting "Fire" in a crowded theater). Are you allowed to drive that type of vehicle, yes. So there are no violations there. Did they indeed have a firearm? I'd have to check MI's laws, but something that only fires compressed gas and no projectile does not sound like a firearm to me. Therefore, no firearms violations. But, they did scare the public by sending off gas bursts with what looked like a firearm. Yeah, that they will nail them on. But what is the violation? I can think of nothing more than public disturbance, maybe inciting a riot. Any thoughts from the crowd?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I think at best the courts will get them on public disturbance (just like shouting "Fire" in a crowded theater). Are you allowed to drive that type of vehicle, yes. So there are no violations there. Did they indeed have a firearm? I'd have to check MI's laws, but something that only fires compressed gas and no projectile does not sound like a firearm to me. Therefore, no firearms violations. But, they did scare the public by sending off gas bursts with what looked like a firearm. Yeah, that they will nail them on. But what is the violation? I can think of nothing more than public disturbance, maybe inciting a riot. Any thoughts from the crowd?
    I think that you would be correct. Disturbing the peace or something like that would be the charge although now days, they might claim it was an act of terrorism.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post

Agree, but let's throw in a little twist...What if a citizen or officer shot him, thinking he was protecting himself or others...We would have a Darwin Awards Candidate.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast