Why the AR15 Remains My Favorite Rifle
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why the AR15 Remains My Favorite Rifle

Why the AR15 Remains My Favorite Rifle

Hey guys, I took a two day intensive class with AsymmetricSolutionsUSA last weekend. Wow they wrung my 51 year old arse out! But I learned SO much. If you want training with real-deal truly experienced special forces guys, this is the training place for you. It was amazing!!!

The training made me realize why I really love the M4 Carbine so much.

And, if I may, let me share a fairly brief video on the platform, which you might find useful to share with friends who have little or zero experience with it.

I had a Battlecomp compensator put on it, hence the very flat recoil, by the way.

Here's the video:

My YouTube gun and shooting channel: VDMA VIDEOS.
    Member of: NRA (Life/Endowment); GOA (Life); SAF (Life); NSSF (Media); NAGR; CCRTKBA

Cute gun... where's all the gadgets to fill up those rails?

j/k
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post

j/k
    LOL! They're there, Bro, you just missed the best accessory, which is a small switch that engages the Cloak of Invisibility. This is what it looks like when it's turned off:

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Hahahaha... lmao!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

6. Clearly, my AR-15 (Colt 6920) is NOT among the woods' favorite long guns around here!

Why the AR15 Remains My Favorite Rifle-treetauntsrifle-1.jpg

7. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    LOL! They're there, Bro, you just missed the best accessory, which is a small switch that engages the Cloak of Invisibility. This is what it looks like when it's turned off:

Blues
    Didn't I see that in the hands of a Klingon Warrior ship captain on Star Trek years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post

j/k

Blues
    You need AT LEAST 3 more ACOGs on there. And a chainsaw. Never forget the chainsaw.

My Dislike For ARs is Purely Psychological

Never had any reliability issues W/ any of the M16s I was issued; obviously the price was right and the Ammunition was free as well.
    The problem was every time I got to shoot one it meant I had to lose sleep ( & maybe my day off) get up in the middle of the night, ride halfway across Germany ( or Fort Lewis, or Fort Carson or Fort Sill) usually in a snow storm or a rainstorm. get to the range at 4 am and wait till 9 for range control to get done W/ PT and open the range ( did I mention the rain and snow) Eat a nasty MRE for breakfast , a NASTIER MRE for lunch and suck it up for dinner. spend at least 12 hours on the range (not counting drive time) to shoot 49 rounds usually in a foxhole full of mud & the occasional rattlesnake and climb back in the Deuce & a half (did I mention the rain & snow) to arrive at the barrack (usually right after taps) just in time to spend 2 hours waiting for the arms room to open up (for what that was worth) and the rest of the night scrubbing that GD M-16. If I never shoot one again it'll be too soon. :D
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

10. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Never had any reliability issues W/ any of the M16s I was issued; obviously the price was right and the Ammunition was free as well.
    The problem was every time I got to shoot one it meant I had to lose sleep ( & maybe my day off) get up in the middle of the night, ride halfway across Germany ( or Fort Lewis, or Fort Carson or Fort Sill) usually in a snow storm or a rainstorm. get to the range at 4 am and wait till 9 for range control to get done W/ PT and open the range ( did I mention the rain and snow) Eat a nasty MRE for breakfast , a NASTIER MRE for lunch and suck it up for dinner. spend at least 12 hours on the range (not counting drive time) to shoot 49 rounds usually in a foxhole full of mud & the occasional rattlesnake and climb back in the Deuce & a half (did I mention the rain & snow) to arrive at the barrack (usually right after taps) just in time to spend 2 hours waiting for the arms room to open up (for what that was worth) and the rest of the night scrubbing that GD M-16. If I never shoot one again it'll be too soon. :D
    HaHa! You've been traumatized! I hope the PTSD from those experiences are waning?

Why the AR15 Remains My Favorite Rifle? Not mine, I still love my M1 Garand. Just busted off a few hundred rounds this past weekend. Gotta Lov IT. "General George S. Patton called it "the greatest implement of battle ever devised." I ain't arguing with no dead general. NO OTHER PLATFORM has as many kills to date.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast