Zimmerman NOT Guilty! - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman NOT Guilty!

Did anyone read marlon wayans last comment? The one about slavery?

I read it. And then thought, would he like a free one-way ticket to Africa.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    FS 776.032. Something all gun owners should know by heart.
    Does that apply even after a LE agency found probable cause to bring charges and the case goes to trial? I heard O'Mara say that he was confident that he could "get" immunity for GZ, but I'm not so sure he has it as of this moment. Do you happen to know?
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Does that apply even after a LE agency found probable cause to bring charges and the case goes to trial? I heard O'Mara say that he was confident that he could "get" immunity for GZ, but I'm not so sure he has it as of this moment. Do you happen to know?
    There is a big procedural issue. Florida's highest court has held that the defendant is entitled to either a pre-trial hearing or, at his election, a trial determination, on the immunity. the issue is whether or not the motions to dismiss and motion for a directed verdict of acquittal were the exercise of his right to an immunity hearing, or whether he still gets one for purpose of the civil immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by the dark View Post
    IIRC, our law grants immunity from civil litigation if one is found not guilty in a criminal action.
    776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—
    (1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.
    (2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.
    (3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1).

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
    Last edited by walt629; 07-14-2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: forgot the link. Duh!
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    There is a big procedural issue. Florida's highest court has held that the defendant is entitled to either a pre-trial hearing or, at his election, a trial determination, on the immunity. the issue is whether or not the motions to dismiss and motion for a directed verdict of acquittal were the exercise of his right to an immunity hearing, or whether he still gets one for purpose of the civil immunity.
    As you said. It is a bit of a mess. Angela Corey never took it to a Grand Jury because she knew it would not fly as a First Degree Murder case.

As for Blues question, here is what it is currently.
    O'Mara, told the judge Tuesday there was nothing in the law that required the immunity hearing to take place before Zimmerman's trial and could be requested after prosecutors have presented their case.

"We'd much rather have the jury address the issue of criminal liability or lack thereof," O'Mara said.
    This was done back in April so currently, there has been no hearing on it. Now his team have even more to backup GZ's claim to self defense with a jury finding of not guilty including lessor included charges.

And there still has to be another hearing on the prosecutors failure to disclose evidence in a timely manner. That is supposed to be back in front of this judge so hang in there for her to throw more bones to the state.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    Noticed how so many claim Martin was killed because he was simply walking through a neighborhood. Just goes to show how stupid and mentally manipulated these people are.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense knew this wasn't the case.
    I have trouble reading your posts because i can't seem to stop looking at your avatar. Literally laughing my ass off. Bwaaahhahahahaha!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    You should go too Youtube, many threats on Zimmermans life.
    Nah, i prefer to read the threats coming from adults.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    My soon to be sons mother in law just posted on her facebook page, that zimmerman was guilty. Man we are going to have a fun time at the wedding coming up in the next couple of months. I hope I can compose myself.
    Gotta forgive their ignorance. It was a convoluted case and if they weren't paying close attention they could be swayed to believe the prosecution argument.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I have trouble reading your posts because i can't seem to stop looking at your avatar. Literally laughing my ass off. Bwaaahhahahahaha!
    That's some funny sh-t isn't it?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast