Why Mas Ayoob Never Commented About GZ vs TM Trail
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Mas Ayoob Never Commented About GZ vs TM Trail

Why Mas Ayoob Never Commented About GZ vs TM Trail

Massad Ayoobę BACKWOODS HOME APPLESEED RETURNS!

THE ZIMMERMAN VERDICT, PART 1

Saturday, July 13th, 2013
    Minutes ago as I write this, justice has triumphed in a courtroom in Sanford, Florida. I wish to congratulate six brave, honest, intelligent jurors. And two fine defense lawyers. And the honest cops and witnesses who testified, and the many who contributed to the defense fund for a wrongfully accused armed citizen.Several blog followers have asked me why I havenít written here (or spoken anywhere) on this, the most important armed citizen case of our time. The answer is this:I did write on it once, on Friday, March 23, 2012. The following day, I received a phone call from Craig Sonner, George Zimmermanís original legal counsel, to retain me on the case as an expert witness for the defense.The weeks wore on. Attorney and client parted ways. I was subsequently contacted by Mark OíMara, the new defense lawyer. Late in May of 2012, I met with him in his office, along with his co-counsel Don West. I also attended the bail hearing in which Zimmermanís bond was revoked. During the hearing, TV cameras swept the courtroom. Some folks saw that, recognized me, and apparently assumed I was involved with the case.In fact, I donít take expert witness cases until Iíve seen all the evidence, and the prosecution was extremely slow in providing that. I wound up not being involved. However, having been retained by one of the defendantís lawyers and consulted with another, I felt bound by confidentiality and did not think it would be professional to comment directly on the matter from then on.Iíve been biting my tongue ever since, because there was much that I wanted to say.The verdict is now in, and Iím gonna smooth those teethmarks off my tongue, and in the next few entries here will discuss some elements of the Zimmerman case which have been widely and profoundly misunderstood.In the meantime, to get the commentary and analysis of the case that most of the mainstream media denied you, go to the excellent day by day writing of Andrew Branca, an attorney who specializes in this sort of case, at www.legalinsurrection.com.Your commentary is more than welcome here.

~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Kind of figured.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Kind of figured.
    He's a good man who is it the gun rights and an advocate without using his station in his lifes work to drive up his numbers on the back of national headlines. imho
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Once again Massad proves himself to be the class act.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO, Certified Basic Pistol and Personal Protection In The Home Instructor

6. He was on Armed American Radio this past weekend talking about the case. Very interesting.

I didn't see the NRA jumping into the fray either.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    I didn't see the NRA jumping into the fray either.
    Didn't have to! The prosecution had no case.

I expect he'll write about this in Ayoob Files.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

10. If you follow the link on Mas's site you'll find the radio interview enlightening.
    "...on any given day there are bad people in the world who are able and willing to hurt you." --Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I expect he'll write about this in Ayoob Files.
    i subscribed to handgunner to read his articles. I hope he writes about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast