After Trayvon Martin Slaying, Holder Blasts 'Stand Your Ground' - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: After Trayvon Martin Slaying, Holder Blasts 'Stand Your Ground'

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Here's an agreement that will surprise you.... Jimmy Carter!

Jimmy Carter on George Zimmerman Verdict: ?Right Decision? - ABC News
    Peanut farming, Georgia white creepy-ass-cracka.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

No surprise. This bunch will use ANYTHING to push their gun control agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    All the air would have escaped.
    Nope. You are 100% wrong. A vacuum does not blow air out. It sucks in everything.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Nope. You are 100% wrong. A vacuum does not blow air out. It sucks in everything.
    I stand corrected.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    OK - now take this a step farther. Holder stated that the defender in a self defense situation (even under SYG) has a duty to retreat.

Holder stated that Zimmerman had a duty to retreat.

Therefore, without even realizing it or intending to, HOLDER DECLARED MARTIN THE AGGRESSOR, establishing Zimmerman's claim to self defense.

It doesn't matter if the issue if SYG or traditional self defense. If it is the defender who has the duty to retreat, and Zimmerman had a duty to retreat, then Martin was the aggressor. End of story.

Holder just declared Martin the aggressor.

Thank you for clearing that up, Mr. AG.
    I have a challenge for Holder.. Let a volunteer (pick me! Pick me!) get on top of him and start raining down blows and see how successful his attempts at retreat are. In my experience most inexperienced (and even experienced people sometimes) people end up turning their back, which makes them totally defenseless.

It's difficult to truly understand how bad a position it is unless you've been there. Retreat is simply not an option for the average person.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    . Retreat is simply not an option for the average person.
    Brave men run in my family. (About 25 mph when we have too.)

~ Yesterdays Prophecies-Today Headlines ~
    It Is Appointed Onto Man Once To Die, And After That To Face Judgement

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    I wonder what Eric Holder would have done if his head was being bounced off the concrete? Oh, wait! I forgot! He has armed security! One of the ivory tower elitists! Throw the bums out of Washington, now! Eric Holder's opinions have the credibility of exactly zero.

I am a firm believer in two term limits for our present politicians; one in office, the other in prison.
    That is something that irritates me, too, the Bloombergs, Holders etc talking about how WE should not have guns or be allowed to use them for defence while THEY are being surrounded by armed security. 24/7. And most of them paid for BY US.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    That is something that irritates me, too, the Bloombergs, Holders etc talking about how WE should not have guns or be allowed to use them for defence while THEY are being surrounded by armed security. 24/7. And most of them paid for BY US.
    I think that before they spew all their anti-gun comments, they should be made to give up all their protection. I mean, come on, set the example.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    I think that before they spew all their anti-gun comments, they should be made to give up all their protection. I mean, come on, set the example.
    They did set an example. It's a very bad example, one that pushes their liberal agenda!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Here is what Allen West has posted on his face book site about the use of the SYG law. Intresting facts if you ask me. Jus sayin...

In a sure case of foot in mouth disease, seems US Attorney General Eric Holder, speaking in Florida, may want to study up on Stand Your Ground use in the Sunshine State, my home. Based on data maintained by Tampa Bay Times, approximately one-third of Florida Stand Your Ground claims in fatal cases have been made by black defendants, as a defense with a 55% success rate. Blacks used Stand Your Ground defenses at nearly twice the rate of their percentage of Florida's population (16.6% in 2012). As well, it seems the majority of victims in Florida Stand Your Ground cases have been white. Either Attorney General Holder is incompetent or ignorant, regardless, we all await his clarification, or correction, of his comments before the NAACP in Orlando.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast