Bill Cosby weighs in on Zimmerman verdict... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby weighs in on Zimmerman verdict...

I became a fan of Bill's will in the Navy. We listened to his comedian routines on records. Bill is a VERY talented guy. When I was getting discharged I was sent to the base in Philadelphia, PA. I was there for 2 weeks with a bunch of other guys who were being discharged. There was a black guy who daily came into the room where we had to hang out. We got to talking to him and found out that he was Bill's father. He was a great guy too. When we asked him about the routines that Bill did. Bill's father said that ALL the characters in Bill's stories were real people but Bill did tend to stretch the truth in those stories. We all had a good laugh about that.
    I still like and have respect for Bill Cosby. Bill made a lot long boring days at sea some what enjoyable. For that I will not throw Bill under any bus!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhorton71 View Post
    I think his opinion is more in the way of would Zimmerman still have confronted Martin if he didn't have the gun or would he have waited for the police. I don't think he was saying that everybody with a gun is aggressive.
    When did Zimmerman confront Martin?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    I became a fan of Bill's will in the Navy. We listened to his comedian routines on records. Bill is a VERY talented guy. When I was getting discharged I was sent to the base in Philadelphia, PA. I was there for 2 weeks with a bunch of other guys who were being discharged. There was a black guy who daily came into the room where we had to hang out. We got to talking to him and found out that he was Bill's father. He was a great guy too. When we asked him about the routines that Bill did. Bill's father said that ALL the characters in Bill's stories were real people but Bill did tend to stretch the truth in those stories. We all had a good laugh about that.
    I still like and have respect for Bill Cosby. Bill made a lot long boring days at sea some what enjoyable. For that I will not throw Bill under any bus!
    I can hear the Chicken Heart that ate the big town, I can hear Cal Shelby sending him his Cobra, I can hear why we have air, I can hear Old Weird Harlold. My records have not been played for two decades, I bought them in the 1960's.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

Quote Originally Posted by NotTwoShure View Post
    I have followed him since his I Spy and records as a stand up comic, he was a Corpsman.
    Just don't follow him at night in Florida.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    I think his opinion is more in the way of would Zimmerman still have confronted Martin if he didn't have the gun or would he have waited for the police. I don't think he was saying that everybody with a gun is aggressive.
    When did Zimmerman confront Martin?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Media says he did so it MUST be true
    Sheeple at work yesterday said when Zimmerman called the police, he said to them "if you don't come investigate then ill shoot him" really?!?!?!?!
    I had to set him straight...
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't it Trayvon that confronted Zimmerman? Zimmerman just watched and recorded to the police... well until he got his head bashed in by Trayvon.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

8. I will admit to feeling a bit of power when I first started carrying but not cocky by any means. It quickly faded and now I'm more nervous of having it getting noticed (printing) than anything else but only when I carry concealed in Connecticut.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    It's a mixed bag. On one hand, he says you can't prove that Zimmerman is a racist. On the other hand, he says,

So anyone who carries a firearm is automatically a power hungry control freak.

My wife will tell you that when I began carrying, I didn't become any such thing. If anything, it has made me more aware of my duties as a citizen to really toe the line. I am no more power and control hungry than when I began carrying.

Bill Cosby weighs in on Zimmerman case
    Bill Cosby. Hmmmmm. Bill was part of the racist accusations by Al Sharpton against whites claiming Tawana Brawley was rapes by white cops and the white district attorney in Dutchess County, NY. Cosby paid the legal bill. It was later determined Tawana Brawley made up the entire incident. Sharpton, Brawley and the attorneys were successfully sued for the carnage they caused. Brawley wouldn't pay and her wages were garnished. Her attorneys were disbarred over the incident.
    Tawana Brawley rape allegations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    ... For that I will not throw Bill under any bus!
    I also enjoy Cosby. I listened to his albums when I was a kid, and have watched nearly every program he has been on. I am not suggesting throwing him under the bus. I am simply saying that I happen to disagree with him on this statement.

11. "I know that if you have a gun, it changes your whole feeling about what you can tell people, about how people better do what you say. Your mind can turn in such a way that you have a sense of control and power. "

Yea like cops!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast