Bill Cosby weighs in on Zimmerman verdict... - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby weighs in on Zimmerman verdict...

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Bill Cosby. Hmmmmm. Bill was part of the racist accusations by Al Sharpton against whites claiming Tawana Brawley was rapes by white cops and the white district attorney in Dutchess County, NY. Cosby paid the legal bill. It was later determined Tawana Brawley made up the entire incident. Sharpton, Brawley and the attorneys were successfully sued for the carnage they caused. Brawley wouldn't pay and her wages were garnished. Her attorneys were disbarred over the incident.
    Tawana Brawley rape allegations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Could it have been a temporary lapse of letting his ethnicity show through? I would think that white people have done more to promote him than his own. He has made several inflammatory statements about blacks and their lack of "get up and go" which upset them terribly. Seems like what we have here is a failure to communicate.....consistently.

3. When he took pursuit. Do I think he shouldn't have been carrying or shouldn't have pursued him? No I think he was trying to protect his neighborhood. This is why things get turned around in the media. Don't take what I said to mean something negative. Zimmerman was a member of the neighborhood watch which from what I understand in Florida law, means he is given the rights of a police officer to question suspicious characters and arrest them if need be.(Not sure why the defense didn't bring this up) I think he actually had more right and authority than the 911 operator did.

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    When did Zimmerman confront Martin?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

4. Quote Originally Posted by NotTwoShure View Post

I have followed him since his I Spy and records as a stand up comic, he was a Corpsman.
    Damn,didnt know that,my respect factor for bill just jumped 1000%

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    It's a mixed bag. On one hand, he says you can't prove that Zimmerman is a racist. On the other hand, he says,

So anyone who carries a firearm is automatically a power hungry control freak.

My wife will tell you that when I began carrying, I didn't become any such thing. If anything, it has made me more aware of my duties as a citizen to really toe the line. I am no more power and control hungry than when I began carrying.

Bill Cosby weighs in on Zimmerman case
    I'm more lawful now since I started carrying than I every was before.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Could it have been a temporary lapse of letting his ethnicity show through? I would think that white people have done more to promote him than his own. He has made several inflammatory statements about blacks and their lack of "get up and go" which upset them terribly. Seems like what we have here is a failure to communicate.....consistently.
    Yeah but he also bought the rights to "The Little Rascals" because he thought the program was racist. We grew up with it. Kids today don't know who they were.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Bill Cosby has been, and still is, a positive influence to all. From what I know, I would call him racially biased, not racist or prejudiced. The way I define that is he wants to be a positive force to his own race, but not at the expense of other races, and he's certainly not shy about calling his own race for their BS. I don't know what his position on gun ownership is, but I hope that his anger is directed toward the person and not the object. People are killed in car wrecks all the time. Most of us continue to get in our cars every day...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Yeah but he also bought the rights to "The Little Rascals" because he thought the program was racist. We grew up with it. Kids today don't know who they were.
    Ya really can't get more American then Buckwheat, Alfalfa and Darla. Can't forget about Pete either.

"The Our Gang series is notable for being one of the first times in cinema history that blacks and whites were portrayed as equals"
    Our Gang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old, very old series, but the race baiters are still baiting. They might as well be called snake oil salesmen's.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by maine04619 View Post
    "I know that if you have a gun, it changes your whole feeling about what you can tell people, about how people better do what you say. Your mind can turn in such a way that you have a sense of control and power. "

Yea like cops!!
    That's the badge, not the gun.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Jhorton71 View Post
    When he took pursuit. Do I think he shouldn't have been carrying or shouldn't have pursued him? No I think he was trying to protect his neighborhood. This is why things get turned around in the media. Don't take what I said to mean something negative. Zimmerman was a member of the neighborhood watch which from what I understand in Florida law, means he is given the rights of a police officer to question suspicious characters and arrest them if need be.(Not sure why the defense didn't bring this up) I think he actually had more right and authority than the 911 operator did.
    No, it doesn't mean that at all. Being a member of a neighborhood gives no such rights and no authority. It is simply a means to observe and report suspicious persons, activity or events, which is exactly what Zimmerman was doing that night. It is an organizational framework, nothing more. There are no additional rights or authority granted to members of a neighborhood watch that aren't already granted to any other citizen. They're just trained to be better observers and told how to report more efficiently.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

11. Check Florida law on security officers and the neighborhood watch. Your right they don't have the right to arrest but they have the right to detain but must call the police immediately. He can also use reasonable force for trespassing on the property that he has a legal duty to protect. Although he may have violated National Neighborhood watch rules, he still had a right to what he was assigned to protect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    No, it doesn't mean that at all. Being a member of a neighborhood gives no such rights and no authority. It is simply a means to observe and report suspicious persons, activity or events, which is exactly what Zimmerman was doing that night. It is an organizational framework, nothing more. There are no additional rights or authority granted to members of a neighborhood watch that aren't already granted to any other citizen. They're just trained to be better observers and told how to report more efficiently.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast