Bill Cosby weighs in on Zimmerman verdict... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bill Cosby weighs in on Zimmerman verdict...

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Sure, it's a pocket watch, here you go. Bang, bang!
    Shatner got it right.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

He is a human being and I tend not to put my faith or my beliefs in their hands. He is entitlted to an opinion but it hold no more or less weight than mine does.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by Jhorton71 View Post
    I think his opinion is more in the way of would Zimmerman still have confronted Martin if he didn't have the gun or would he have waited for the police. I don't think he was saying that everybody with a gun is aggressive.
    Question? Did Zimmerman confront Martin or did Martin confront Zimmerman? The key word being Confront.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Farmhood View Post
    Question? Did Zimmerman confront Martin or did Martin confront Zimmerman? The key word being Confront.
    The evidence says Martin confronted Zimmerman. Even the girl Martin was talking to on the phone corroborated that. She gave a reason, too. Homophobia.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    When you think about it the little rascals were a street gang with a pit bull named Petey. Remember "Get em' Petey?" Now that's a felony.
    Wow. That was a long time ago. Brings back some funny memories.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Ya really can't get more American then Buckwheat, Alfalfa and Darla. Can't forget about Pete either.

"The Our Gang series is notable for being one of the first times in cinema history that blacks and whites were portrayed as equals"
    Our Gang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old, very old series, but the race baiters are still baiting. They might as well be called snake oil salesmen's.
    Race baiters...that describes perfectly these unscrupulous hucksters.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Jhorton71 View Post
    Check Florida law on security officers and the neighborhood watch. Your right they don't have the right to arrest but they have the right to detain but must call the police immediately. He can also use reasonable force for trespassing on the property that he has a legal duty to protect. Although he may have violated National Neighborhood watch rules, he still had a right to what he was assigned to protect.
    Since I'm no longer on my android, I checked the Florida statutes. As I said, neighborhood watch is not allowed to question suspects, detain people or "use reasonable force" as you claimed. The only time neighborhood watch is even mentioned in the Florida statutes is in Title XLVI, 843.16, where it says local law enforcement can allow neighborhood watch vehicles to use police radios on an annual renewable basis. No state would allow neighborhood watch to do what you claimed, at least not on an officially sanctioned basis. The liability would be beyond measure. Maybe you should check the statutes yourself before claiming things that aren't there.

I've loved Bill Cosby since I was a little kid. But, as I've said before, simply because someone becomes a celebrity does not mean that they are a legal, social or political expert.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345