Bill Cosby weighs in on Zimmerman verdict...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Cosby weighs in on Zimmerman verdict...

ezkl2230 Guest

Bill Cosby weighs in on Zimmerman verdict...

It's a mixed bag. On one hand, he says you can't prove that Zimmerman is a racist. On the other hand, he says,

"I know that if you have a gun, it changes your whole feeling about what you can tell people, about how people better do what you say. Your mind can turn in such a way that you have a sense of control and power. "
    So anyone who carries a firearm is automatically a power hungry control freak.

My wife will tell you that when I began carrying, I didn't become any such thing. If anything, it has made me more aware of my duties as a citizen to really toe the line. I am no more power and control hungry than when I began carrying.

Bill Cosby weighs in on Zimmerman case

Dr. Cosby lost a son I will not say anything about his views, I may have a hard view had I been in his shoes.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

He also said "I would never pay attention to information given to me by media, radio, whatever, about a high profile case until the jury says what it says,"

Couldn't agree more.
    I'm sure something witty or useful will make it's way into this space, eventually.

I would say I'm more polite when I carry, and I carry everywhere except work. I also drive a lot closer to the posted speed limit when I carry.
    Bill Cosby often has interesting opinions on matters concerning young black males. He is a great success advocate.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The only power one gains from being able to carry a firearm is ones right to exercise his 2nd amendment right freely. Has me being able to conceal carry change me NO I am still the same person I was before I started to carry. Do I see things different yes and I take them for what they are at face value. Carrying a gun changes only those who are in the wrong mindset

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    I would say I'm more polite when I carry, and I carry everywhere except work. I also drive a lot closer to the posted speed limit when I carry.
    Bill Cosby often has interesting opinions on matters concerning young black males. He is a great success advocate.
    I have followed him since his I Spy and records as a stand up comic, he was a Corpsman.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

8. I think his opinion is more in the way of would Zimmerman still have confronted Martin if he didn't have the gun or would he have waited for the police. I don't think he was saying that everybody with a gun is aggressive.

I gain nothing by being able to carry a gun except the freedom our founding fathers granted. You can chose to carry or not your call.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTwoShure View Post
    I have followed him since his I Spy and records as a stand up comic, he was a Corpsman.
    He was indeed a Corpsman.
    Yep, I have been a fan of the man for all those years as well. Heck of a guy really.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    It's a mixed bag. On one hand, he says you can't prove that Zimmerman is a racist. On the other hand, he says,
    So anyone who carries a firearm is automatically a power hungry control freak.
    My wife will tell you that when I began carrying, I didn't become any such thing. If anything, it has made me more aware of my duties as a citizen to really toe the line. I am no more power and control hungry than when I began carrying.

Bill Cosby weighs in on Zimmerman case
    Well now, I have been called a xenophobe, homophobic white man of privilege, racist, because I work for a living and feel that I have been taxed enough already.
    Now I am a power hungry control freak because I carry.

Not for nuttin but if you call me names long enough I just may start believing it . In other words emmefer be careful what you wish for.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast