Open carry at a business that has No CC sign - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Open carry at a business that has No CC sign

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    So you're saying that their wishes that all forms of carry are banned when only one specific method is mentioned should be assumed by the carrier? Where in private property law is this meme supported?

If I misunderstood, my apologies, but as-understood (by me) I can't believe that such an assumption by the visitor to private property is mandated by law for them to make in any jurisdiction.

Blues
    Reminds me of kids. you tell them get in that bathroom and I better hear that shower running. But you didn't actually tell him to take a bath.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Their sign expresses ONLY a wish that firearms not be concealed on the premises. That is all. The public cannot be expected to be mind readers, especially as probable cause for arrest.
    Didn't say what kind of carry I'm referring to. Sign seems to indicate only concealed carry. Otherwise it would be a "no guns" sign.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

There are several versions of signage I have seen. All were easy to understand and no guesswork was required.
    1. No Firearms allowed. Plain and simple no open or concealed firearms, no difference if unloaded. Just plain none allowed.
    2. No loaded firearms allowed. Simple again. Unloaded firearms are acceptable.
    3. No concealed weapons allowed. Does not mean the same as 1. It means none are allowed if concealed. Gun ranges have this posted in many cases.
    4. Concealed carry welcome, just keep it that way. You can carry but not openly.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234