Home defense pistol with suppressor? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Home defense pistol with suppressor?

1. Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Nope, sorry it is not. It is a NFA Title II item. Class has nothing to do with it. SOT Class 3 is just the tax level that a Type 01 Dealer pays the BATFE for the privilege of selling NFA Title II items. Other Type dealers/manufacturers/importers pay at different levels of taxes. Yearly tax is $500 for Class 3 SOT, $1000 for a Class 2 SOT, and $1000 for a Class 1 SOT payable by July 1 every year. Reduced rates for Class 1 & 2 are also available if the importer or manufacturer sell less than $500,000 per year gross, which also bring them down to a $500 a year tax level. But they are still Class 1 or 2 SOT tax payers. None of this changes the status of the suppressor being a NFA Title II Item. And FFL manufacturers and importers can sell those NFA Title II items just like a dealer does.
    Almost.
    SOT 01 Importer/ dealer
    SOT 02 Maker/ Dealer
    SOT 03 Dealer

You have to have the FFL that will coincide with the SOT.

There is no such thing as "class 3" It is a ERROR due to box 8 b on the from four where it asks for the dealers SOT type as "CLASS". Thus using this logic if you buy you're suppressor from a 07/02 you would have a class 2 item. Kind of like the whole clip mag thing. One is right one is wrong but to many just do not care.

3. Since suppressors are legal in so many states, it seems that more people are wanting to use them for home defense. I have had several requests from customers for a handgun safe to store theirs in. It sure makes a handgun awful long and there doesn't seem to be many options for safely storing one and having quick access if kids are a concern. Been playing with this prototype for a little while and it seems to work well for this application.
    Attached Images Attached Images Home defense pistol with suppressor?-fas1-sbd-small.jpg 

4. Robert Bush

Don't blame God for what man is responsible for...

5. you can find aftermarket barrels (which are extended and threaded) for most modern semi-autos. I was thinking about getting a 'lone wolf' barrel for my G19...

After that, it's just going through the motions of finding and obtaining a suppressor you like.

Personally, I'd love a suppressor but it's not a high priority for me. I live in a multi-family building, and even a missed pistol shot is like to penetrate a wall into a neighbors home.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfield View Post
    you can find aftermarket barrels (which are extended and threaded) for most modern semi-autos. I was thinking about getting a 'lone wolf' barrel for my G19...

After that, it's just going through the motions of finding and obtaining a suppressor you like.

Personally, I'd love a suppressor but it's not a high priority for me. I live in a multi-family building, and even a missed pistol shot is like to penetrate a wall into a neighbors home.
    And new sights. Standard sights are too low to work with most suppressors.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123