I am george zimmerman - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am george zimmerman

1. Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    Both the recording of the call and Zimmerman's account of the incident cite the fact that Martin was not acting like he had a specific destination in mind. It was apparently like he sorta looked like he "didn't have the sense to come in out of the rain..."
    Since when is it indicitive of a crime to walk without a specific destination in mind? I've done that plenty of times. I've gone for a walk with no particular destination in mind. Same is true with bicycle rides and driving. I've stopped at convenience stores while on such walks and purchased candy and snapple as well. I've even done it in foreign countries where I would be just as out of place.

Also, I added quite a bit to my post above, probably while you were responding...
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by usmeu25 View Post
    I did not read anywhere in the op's statement that said anything about you, or anyone else for that matter to have police called on them for walking down the street. He was merely pointing out the injustice being committed by our president in the wake of the not quilty verdict.

Claiming to be another Zimmerman pertains to any of us here that carry a concealed weapon.
    As you stated,you could be just walking down the street,and the next thing you realize, your own your back fighting for your life.

With some guy slamming your head off the concrete. Its not about being George Zimmerman,its about our country turning against us.
    Sorry man, you can reasonably and justifiably criticize the Obammunist et al for twisting the trial etc. into a race issue without naming the thread "I am george zimmerman." That set the tone for the whole thread, and Navy pointed out a line in a subsequent reply that he was specifically responding to.

After all Zimmerman has been through, much of it because of his own lapses in judgment and tactics, why anyone would claim to either be him, or to want to be like him, is a complete mystery to me. It smacks of the provenance of a masochistic mind that I do not relate to in any way, shape, manner or form.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Since when is it indicitive of a crime to walk without a specific destination in mind? I've done that plenty of times. I've gone for a walk with no particular destination in mind. Same is true with bicycle rides and driving. I've stopped at convenience stores while on such walks and purchased candy and snapple as well. I've even done it in foreign countries where I would be just as out of place.

Also, I added quite a bit to my post above, probably while you were responding...
    Good point. I love to walk in the rain. The sound of rain is relaxing, the halo around headlights is enjoyable and lightning intrigues me.

Quote Originally Posted by usmeu25 View Post
    That's a great Statement! I applaud your post. I'm also, one of the George Zimmerman's of the United States of AMERICA!!!!!!!

Sent from my AT300SE using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I'm with you and everyone else that feels this way!!!!

6. I am George Zimmerman I meant to be a concept that applies to all Americans who choose to carry. At any moment any one of us can find ourselves in a situation which could result in us drawing and firing. God forbid that to happen but it could. All the defensive pistol training, all the safety instruction, all the range time can not prepare you for a real life situation in which the adrenalin is flowing, hearts are pounding arms are flailing etc. Under the heart of the moment, all reason can go out the door. I agree both GZ and TM made poor decisions that night. As a result,, do I literally want to be George Zimmerman? Of course not. Am I making him out to be a hero? Of course not, Am I making him out to be an idol? Equally no. He is an ordinary citizen, like me who chose to carry, like me. Thats the link to I am George Zimmerman. And there are hundreds of thousands of us out there from young moms to senior citizens who at any moment could find themselves having to defend their life with deadly force, just like George Zimmerman.

So who is to blame? I believe its society itself. From the All children are winners there are no losers, to the lack of accountability for actions, to fatherless homes, to the black leaders (Al Sharpton, Rev Wright, Barack Obama, Jessie Jackson, The New Black Panthers etc) who continue to perpetuate race as an excuse instead of fostering accountability among young black men, to the entertainment industry that glamorizes gang banger rappers in movies and music videos to the biased news media.

Here is a clear example of the media bias towards keeping race an issue.. I read today on AOL news that GZ came out of hiding (at risk to his own well being since there have been many death threats made) only to help a family in need when their SUV rolled over and trapped them inside. He helped pull all four out and to safety before their vehicle caught on fire. I watched the evening news (both NBC and CBS and saw lots of footage about the birth of the new prince, the Pope in Brazil, and other mundane events) no mention at all about GZ's heroic act.

Last week i saw a black woman carrying a sign that read I Am Trayvon Martin. The implication being that because she's black, she is Trayvon Martin. The flip side to that then is because I carry for self defense, I am George Zimmerman. However, I feel that because I/we carry, we do not have the right to instigate trouble, but are to be responsible and vigilant to avoid confrontation. I the case where trouble can not be avoided I will use deadly force if my life or that of my families is being threatened.

Zimmerman should have stayed in his car and continued to observe. Although I didn't see a shred of evidence that showed he committed a crime, he chose to put himself in a very bad position.....and for what?? A "suspicious person" walking down the street?? He's a sheepdog and I don't mean that as a compliment. From what I've seen the term "wannabe cop" or "hero complex" applies perfectly to him. Again......no criminal but a fool IMO. And a young man (no angel, to be sure) is dead because he almost certainly felt threatened by the "crazy-ass cracker", got angry, and decided to express his dissatisfaction with his fists. There's more than one person on this board who would have done the same thing in Martin's position. All because he was dragged into the world of an overzealous sheepdog.

The jury got it right.....I'm 100% convinced of that, but Zimmerman (at least on that night) is an idiot who made things more difficult for the rest of us.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

8. Probably the only post by B2Tall I will ever agree with.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

9. Quote Originally Posted by gbad6255 View Post

And shame on you Mr. President for turning this into a race issue. YOU are the president of the United States and took an oath to represent all people of this country. To use the office of the presidency to flame the fires of racism - shame on you.
    That was well stated. The President should be above this type of rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post

We only have the verbal description of what Zimmerman saw. Whatever he saw made him suspicious - one Martin's subsequent actions certainly proved that Zimmerman's suspicions were justified.

With respect, I'm seeing WAY too much Monday morning quarterbacking going on here. I still say that, knowing what Zimmerman knew when he started observing Martin, there's a good chance I would have done the same thing. Conversely, knowing what we know now, not so much. And, as has been said, if Zimmerman had it to do over, he'd do it differently. Hindsight is 20/20...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Good point. I love to walk in the rain. The sound of rain is relaxing, the halo around headlights is enjoyable and lightning intrigues me.
    You don't really think that was the image Martin was displaying that night, do you?
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast