I am george zimmerman
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am george zimmerman

1. I am george zimmerman

I refuse to allow myself to become a helpless victim of crime. This is why I carry; to protect myself and my family and our rights to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. I refuse to bow down to the misguided, anti-constitution, liberal ways of our society, no matter how hard the hollywood crowd and the biased media tries to cram it down my throat and make their ways seem normal. well, it isn't working. I live by the constitution and the precepts of the Bible. I may not be perfect but I will hold myself to a high level of integrity.

I have to ask, had George Zimmerman not been armed, would he have been the one being buried instead of Trayvon Martin? Based on the beating he was taking the probability seemed high.

And shame on you Mr. President for turning this into a race issue. YOU are the president of the United States and took an oath to represent all people of this country. To use the office of the presidency to flame the fires of racism - shame on you.

As you stated before America - I am Trayvon Martin, well Mr President, I am George Zimmerman. I am armed and I will defend myself and my family if attacked.

I have commented before that I think George would be dead if he hadn't been armed. I also don't think that, had I been in his position that night, I would have done anything different. He did nothing that a normal person would not have considered reasonable.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

The progressive philosophy is evil; and it is in the process of destroying everything that is good and has value in our culture. It not only is destroying our economy but our culture, morality, self worth, ambition, individual liberty, and eventually the republic itself. In the name of progressive compassion and empathy we are creating a new culture of dependence, poverty, slavery, and the wonderful Marxist Utopia. We should thank all of the progressives in both parties and especially the Obama Administration for the destruction of our country. Our founders gave us a country that was built by the hard work and sacrifice of great men and blessed by God. It took 240 years to build and only one generation to destroy.

I agree with most of the above, but the goes back at least to the baby-boomers, who turned their kids into the latch-key generation, and things snowballed from there.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I am BluesStringer. I live in the deep South and rain can happen without warning at a moment's notice, same as Florida. If I see someone get caught in the rain, I offer my help, either a ride, or just a bit of cover to sit and wait for the shower to pass. No biggie. I'm rarely in a hurry. This is the South, remember? I've offered maybe 30 times, maybe 50, not real sure, given a few rides to a store or a home, whatever, and had several tell me no thanks, they'll be fine. Never had anyone threaten me or tell me to get lost you "creepy ass cracker." Funny how that works.

I am BluesStringer. I revere the Constitution more than any man I know. I am always, always, armed. I too refuse to be a victim. I too refuse to bow to any man, anti-constitution, liberal or the opposite like I am. I am my own man.

No one should ever have to become a world-wide pariah to emulate BluesStringer. No one should ever have to mount a million+ dollar defense to follow the example of BluesStringer, even if the crack he puts his ass in does turn out to prove his actions were lawful. People should never have to worry about leaving their hidey-hole without their body armor firmly in place to give props to BluesStringer.

People could do a lot worse than being like BluesStringer, but almost anybody could do better than being like George Zimmerman. I am decidedly not him.

I fully supported GZ throughout his trial. I mentioned the mistakes I think he made, but didn't dwell upon them, because I recognize the difference between poor instincts and judgment that manifest themselves while involved in perfectly legal activities, and what the law allows in defense of one's self or others. Even if I didn't believe GZ's version of events, which I generally do BTW, under the law, he should've been found not guilty simply because the mountain of reasonable doubt was only exceeded by the PERsecution's total lack of hard evidence.

None of that changes the fact that the whole affair could've been avoided any number of ways, both by Martin or Zimmerman. None of it changes that the case is as devoid of evidence that Martin was doing anything wrong that night as there was that Zimmerman didn't have the legal right to discharge his weapon when he did.

George Zimmerman shot and killed another human being in self defense. That's all. He's no hero, he's no shining example of truth, liberty, justice and the American Way. I sincerely hope this is the last fan-boy thread I ever see about the guy. His tactics sucked, his financial life is in ruins, he will be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life, and at least part of the responsibility for every bit of that sits squarely on his shoulders. Careful what you wish for. If you say you are George Zimmerman, you may lose your mind and become him, and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want that.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

7. Quote Originally Posted by gbad6255 View Post
    I refuse to allow myself to become a helpless victim of crime. This is why I carry; to protect myself and my family and our rights to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. I refuse to bow down to the misguided, anti-constitution, liberal ways of our society, no matter how hard the hollywood crowd and the biased media tries to cram it down my throat and make their ways seem normal. well, it isn't working. I live by the constitution and the precepts of the Bible. I may not be perfect but I will hold myself to a high level of integrity.

I have to ask, had George Zimmerman not been armed, would he have been the one being buried instead of Trayvon Martin? Based on the beating he was taking the probability seemed high.

And shame on you Mr. President for turning this into a race issue. YOU are the president of the United States and took an oath to represent all people of this country. To use the office of the presidency to flame the fires of racism - shame on you.

As you stated before America - I am Trayvon Martin, well Mr President, I am George Zimmerman. I am armed and I will defend myself and my family if attacked.

That's a great Statement! I applaud your post. I'm also, one of the George Zimmerman's of the United States of AMERICA!!!!!!!

Sent from my AT300SE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    I have commented before that I think George would be dead if he hadn't been armed. I also don't think that, had I been in his position that night, I would have done anything different. He did nothing that a normal person would not have considered reasonable.
    I don't consider it reasonable to call the police about a person doing nothing more than walking down a street. I have had the police called on me just because I was eating dinner in a restaurant at dinner time with a handgun in a holster with a retention strap fastened. I don't consider that to be a resonable act at all. I am NOT George Zimmerman and have no desire to be Geroge Zimmerman.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

9. I did not read anywhere in the op's statement that said anything about you, or anyone else for that matter to have police called on them for walking down the street. He was merely pointing out the injustice being committed by our president in the wake of the not quilty verdict.

Claiming to be another Zimmerman pertains to any of us here that carry a concealed weapon.
    As you stated,you could be just walking down the street,and the next thing you realize, your own your back fighting for your life.

With some guy slamming your head off the concrete. Its not about being George Zimmerman,its about our country turning against us.

Sent from my AT300SE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by usmeu25 View Post
    I did not read anywhere in the op's statement that said anything about you, or anyone else for that matter to have police called on them for walking down the street. He was merely pointing out the injustice being committed by our president in the wake of the not quilty verdict.
    I was not replying to the OP.

It is correct, however, that the anti-gun crowd, and the people who have racial predujice against whites are using this case as an excuse to push their propaganda. The people who are pushing for repeal of stand your ground laws are fully admitting that Travon Martin must have been the agressor, if they are going to also attempt to say that George Zimmerman should have been required to retreat rather than shoot. And, if they are going to say that George Zimmerman was the agressor, then they also have to say that it should have been Travon Martin who was required to run away. Either way you look at it, Travon Martin would be declared to be the criminal in that situation. The racists who are saying that the stand your ground law must be repealed to keep white people from killing black people refuse to tell you that black people who make up something like 15% of the population in the Florida but have used the stand your ground law to defend themselves 33% in all of the stand your ground defense cases. The racists who are saying that "justice must be served" are actually only saying that George Zimmerman must be CONVICTED because he was a white guy who killed a black guy and that has nothing to do with justice being served.

I get all that. I was specifically replying to the statement that "George Zimmerman did nothing that a normal person would not consider reasonable." Prior to Travon Martin actually committing a crime or appearing to commit a crime, I don't feel that any of George Zimmerman's actions to investigate or initiate an investigation of Travon Martin were reasonable.

I have been in Travon Martin's situation. I have been investigated for an action that, while not common, was not indicitive of any criminal act being committed. Did Travon Martin make a reasonable response to Zimmerman's investigation? NO, certainly not. But I cannot say that Zimmerman's investigation of Martin was reasonable either.

1. If we are going to say that Zimmermans actions to call the police to report Martin's presence and/or to approach Martin and ask what he was doing there are resonable, then we must also acknowledge that it would equally as reasonable for Martin to ask Zimmerman exactly the same questions.

2. Once the answer of "It's none of your damn business" is given by either party, then it would be reasonable to walk away from the situation and if you really felt the need to, let the police figure out if there is reasonable suspicion or not - unless there is actual reason to believe the person is committing a crime likely to result in grave bodily harm or death to another person.

3. Once there is actual reason to believe that the subject is committing or about to commit a crime that would result in grave bodily harm, then certainly taking action to prevent that is reasonable.

4. Was it reasonable for George Zimmerman to shoot Martin when he did? Absolutely. That's what the jury ruled. However, I will not say that the actions taken by either party leading up to that situation were reasonable - not Zimmerman's investigation, and not Martin's response to that investigation.

Let's apply this to my situation of eating dinner in a restaurant at dinner time while wearing a holstered handgun. Joe Customer calls the police and says, there is a guy wearing a gun on his belt eating dinner in this restaurant. Police respond, "OK. We will investigate it." Meanwhile, I finish my meal and proceed to leave the restaurant. Joe Customer comes up to me and says, Hey, I just called the police because you are wearing a gun. What is reasonable after that point? Is it reasonable for Joe Customer to attemt to detain me until the police arrive? NO. Is it perfectly reasonable for me to say to Joe Customer, "Well, that's fine and dandy, but I am going to leave now and go about my business?" ABSOLUTELY. Is it reasonable for me to physically attack Joe Customer because they have called the police and are just asking about my gun or telling me they called the police. NO. Would it be reasonable for Joe Customer to defend themselves if I did choose to attack them? ABSOLUTELY. Would it be reasonable for me to defend myself should Joe Citizen decide to atempt to physically detain me? Also ABSOLUTELY YES.

The only thing reasonable about the whole Zimmerman case was the jury's finding of not guilty, IMHO.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I don't consider it reasonable to call the police about a person doing nothing more than walking down a street. I have had the police called on me just because I was eating dinner in a restaurant at dinner time with a handgun in a holster with a retention strap fastened. I don't consider that to be a resonable act at all. I am NOT George Zimmerman and have no desire to be Geroge Zimmerman.
    Both the recording of the call and Zimmerman's account of the incident cite the fact that Martin was not acting like he had a specific destination in mind. It was apparently like he sorta looked like he "didn't have the sense to come in out of the rain..."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast