NJ Supreme Court Agrees To Head 2A Challenge To The Requirement Of A Justifiable Need
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJ Supreme Court Agrees To Head 2A Challenge To The Requirement Of A Justifiable Need

1. NJ Supreme Court Agrees To Head 2A Challenge To The Requirement Of A Justifiable Need

I received a call this afternoon from noted gun-ownership-rights attorney Evan Nappen. Many of you may know Evan as the author of the New Jersey Gun Law Guide. Evan called to let me know that the NJ Supreme Court has agreed to hear an appeal of his case involving the denial of an application for a New Jersey permit to carry a handgun, submitted by his client Richard Pantano.

The question before the court is "Does the statutory requirement that an applicant for a permit to carry a handgun demonstrate “a justifiable need to carry a handgun,” N.J.S.A. 2C:58-4(d), violate the right to bear arms under the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution"?

Read more here.
    Last edited by lukem; 07-24-2013 at 09:37 AM.

3. Sorry for the incomplete title . While typing the title out on my ipad my hand hit the post tab by mistake.

4. NJ surpreme court

What happened in NJ?

5. Surpreme court to hear appeal of justifible need in 2nd ammendant case

6. Could a mod. Please amend the title to this thread please. The edit feature does not allow edits to titles. Thank you

Hopefully this will lead to another chip in the wall of infringement.

Inch by inch, we will get our rights back.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

And if NJ can take down this restriction, maybe ... just maybe, PA and NJ can enjoy reciprocity at some point.... am I asking too much???

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

one little step can turn into a huge step, I hope the libertard judges there get this one right

Quote Originally Posted by pope414 View Post
    I received a call this afternoon from noted gun-ownership-rights attorney Evan Nappen. Many of you may know Evan as the author of the New Jersey Gun Law Guide. Evan called to let me know that the NJ Supreme Court has agreed to hear an appeal of his case involving the denial of an application for a New Jersey permit to carry a handgun, submitted by his client Richard Pantano.

The question before the court is "Does the statutory requirement that an applicant for a permit to carry a handgun demonstrate “a justifiable need to carry a handgun,” N.J.S.A. 2C:58-4(d), violate the right to bear arms under the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution"?

Read more here.
    Where, pray tell, does it say "justifiable need" in the 2A? Libatard Judges in NJ have their heads up their collective a-holes! Probably to much to ask, they jerk their heads out and see the world as it is, not how they imagine it to be.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Everyone here agrees that the 2A is a protection of a "right". If you have to demonstrate a "need" how is that a right and not a privilege?
    Seems clear to me. It should be a very short hearing. Very simple. Maybe it wasn't grape juice. It was purple!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast