This tell you anything?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This tell you anything?

This tell you anything?

The United States is 3rd in Murders throughout the World.
    But if you take out Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC and New Orleans,
    the United States is 4th from the Bottomfor Murders.
    These 4 Cities also have the toughest Gun Control Laws in the United States.

This tell you anything?

PS: These cities are also run by DEMOCRATS!
    Imagine that. I recieved it in e mail. Didn't check it out. I like it and sure looks believable.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

To learn or deduce anything from these facts would require a modicum of logic. This would eliminate at least 90% of the liberals and at least 60% of those who claim to be conservative. In fact don't ever expect the facts to mentioned by the major media outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post

This tell you anything?

Imagine that.
    Any bets the statistical probabilities of those in those cities that have committed those crimes? Ain't got nothing to do with poverty, it's got all to do with the culture. Again and again, it's proven their culture does not work, or at least is detrimental to a long life. The insanity continues......
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

I'm not saying that this info isn't correct, but where's your source? I don't want to just take your word for it. Also, It's misleading to say that New Orleans and Detroit have extra tough gun control when in fact they are both located in shall issue states.

What all four cities do have in common however, is that, except for Chicago, all have a majority of Black residents residing within them (and as for Chicago, the overwhelming majority of murders happens on the South Side, which is, you guessed it, majority Black). And what do Black voters nationwide support practically monolithically? GUN CONTROL!

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

This tell you anything?

Imagine that.
    Thanks for pointing this out. It should tell all of us, pro-gun and anti-gun alike, alot. But the antis don't care about the truth. They simply want to ban civilian gun ownership.

This tell you anything?

Imagine that.
    If you are speaking of the actual homicide rate throughout the world, the U.S. is FAR from third! Something like 86th or so. Now if you're speaking of murder using firearms, you may be right. List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I'm not saying that this info isn't correct, but where's your source? I don't want to just take your word for it. Also, It's misleading to say that New Orleans and Detroit have extra tough gun control when in fact they are both located in shall issue states.

What all four cities do have in common however, is that, except for Chicago, all have a majority of Black residents residing within them (and as for Chicago, the overwhelming majority of murders happens on the South Side, which is, you guessed it, majority Black). And what do Black voters nationwide support practically monolithically? GUN CONTROL!
    New York City has tougher gun control than New Orleans and Detroit, which has the feel of the stats being cherry picked to fit the conclusion. I have no doubt whatsoever that gun control supports crime rather than lessening it. It has in fact been repeatedly proven. But I think we need to avoid the appearance of cherry picking statistics like the anti-gunners so love to do. I'm not saying that's what was done here, but you know how our opposition will seize upon any apparent impropriety, even if it isn't true. The truth means nothing to those people.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

This tell you anything?

Imagine that.
    I think some of the data used to arrive at the U.S. murder ranking is suspicious.
    From "GUN Facts 4.1"
    Myth: The United States has the highest violence rate because of lax gun control Fact: The top 10 countries for homicide doesn’t include the U.S. at all. (Source: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention, Seventh United Nations Survey of Crime Trends and Operations of Criminal Justice Systems, covering the period 1998 - 2000).
    And in violent crime contact, the U.S. ranks 13th, behind Switzerland, Sweden, France, Denmark, Northern Ireland, Poland, Finland, Canada, Scotland, England, Wales and Australia (Source:U.S. data Bureau of Justice Statistics, “Homicide trends in the United States”, September, 2004. Brazil data Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, 2005).
    Anyone who doesn't believe this need only watch world soccer. The fans in these countries kill each other.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I think some of the data used to arrive at the U.S. murder ranking is suspicious.
    From "GUN Facts 4.1"
    Myth: The United States has the highest violence rate because of lax gun control Fact: The top 10 countries for homicide doesn’t include the U.S. at all. (Source: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention, Seventh United Nations Survey of Crime Trends and Operations of Criminal Justice Systems, covering the period 1998 - 2000).
    And in violent crime contact, the U.S. ranks 13th, behind Switzerland, Sweden, France, Denmark, Northern Ireland, Poland, Finland, Canada, Scotland, England, Wales and Australia (Source:U.S. data Bureau of Justice Statistics, “Homicide trends in the United States”, September, 2004. Brazil data Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, 2005).
    Anyone who doesn't believe this need only watch world soccer. The fans in these countries kill each other.
    The first statistic quoted is 14 years old. The second statistic is almost 10 years old. We must be careful that we are not as guilty of cherry picking statistics to prove our side as the anti-gun crowd does.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

This tell you anything?

Imagine that.
    Please cite your sources. This would be excellent fodder in several conversations.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast