Teachers Concealed Carry in Clarksville, AR - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teachers Concealed Carry in Clarksville, AR

Howdy riderbike,

[QUOTE=r1derbike;454803]Big problem just arose! The Attorney General for Arkansas stated that since the staffers and teachers are not a private firm, it is his opinion that they cannot carry in the school. Asa Hutchinson has chimed-in calling for an emergency session of the legislature to address this issue/opinion. The AG has no problem with a private firm of licensed security guards carrying.

They will not be carrying until this gets ironed-out. The Arkansas AG (Dustin McDaniel) has thrown a wrench in the works. Doesn't have the kids safety as a priority.

I suppose the staffers/teachers could form a private firm, but don't know the ins and outs of that move.

Anyway, we'll see if Asa Hutchinson's call for an emergency legislative session gets some traction.

This is pure Arkansas politics. Good ol' boy Little Rock Arkansas politics. Anyone care to guess the AG's party affiliation?[/QUOTE

Who's Asa Hutchinson? A nobody who does have the power to call for a special secession of anything.

It also doesn't matter what party the AG belongs to because the law is the law unless you support only enforcing laws that you like or agree with and ignoring the ones that you do not like.

Arkansas's laws prohibit teachers and staff from possessing firearms on school property, except for JROTC training.

Maybe a little remedial reading is needed on your part.

I do NOT agree with this law. I feel that anyone over the age of 18 that is not a nutjob, felon, spouse/kid/DP/etc beater, drug addict, should be allowed to carry a concealed handgun 24/7, everywhere except for a bar and a jail/prison.

If a teacher or other staff member wants to form a school response team and are willing to get proper training ( remember there are a lot of innocent kids in a school ) they should be allowed to do so at the school's expense. If they want to CCW on the job they should be allowed to if they have a permit.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

3. I agree with this "commns sense" approach.
    Let's see if it spreads to other schools and states.

Well since he is running for governor he's trying to be relevant by chiming in on a hot topic. I'll be voting the other direction.

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
    Well since he is running for governor he's trying to be relevant by chiming in on a hot topic. I'll be voting the other direction.
    Nope. McDaniel dropped out back in January due to a sex scandal that ended with the "unsolved" murder.

I use the word "unsolved" very, very loosely.

McDaniel will be gone in 2014.

Paul

6. [QUOTE=Stengun;454923]Howdy riderbike,

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Big problem just arose! The Attorney General for Arkansas stated that since the staffers and teachers are not a private firm, it is his opinion that they cannot carry in the school. Asa Hutchinson has chimed-in calling for an emergency session of the legislature to address this issue/opinion. The AG has no problem with a private firm of licensed security guards carrying.

They will not be carrying until this gets ironed-out. The Arkansas AG (Dustin McDaniel) has thrown a wrench in the works. Doesn't have the kids safety as a priority.

I suppose the staffers/teachers could form a private firm, but don't know the ins and outs of that move.

Anyway, we'll see if Asa Hutchinson's call for an emergency legislative session gets some traction.

This is pure Arkansas politics. Good ol' boy Little Rock Arkansas politics. Anyone care to guess the AG's party affiliation?[/QUOTE

Who's Asa Hutchinson? A nobody who does have the power to call for a special secession of anything.

It also doesn't matter what party the AG belongs to because the law is the law unless you support only enforcing laws that you like or agree with and ignoring the ones that you do not like.

Arkansas's laws prohibit teachers and staff from possessing firearms on school property, except for JROTC training.

Maybe a little remedial reading is needed on your part.

I do NOT agree with this law. I feel that anyone over the age of 18 that is not a nutjob, felon, spouse/kid/DP/etc beater, drug addict, should be allowed to carry a concealed handgun 24/7, everywhere except for a bar and a jail/prison.

If a teacher or other staff member wants to form a school response team and are willing to get proper training ( remember there are a lot of innocent kids in a school ) they should be allowed to do so at the school's expense. If they want to CCW on the job they should be allowed to if they have a permit.

Paul
    No remedial reading here. The law is the law. The AG has given a distorted opinion of the law because it supports his fan base (mainly Democratic leftists). I believe that he has withdrawn from the gubernatorial race, if memory serves.

The teachers and staff may form a private company if they like, to circumvent the AG's interference. As for Asa Hutchinson being a nobody, perhaps he would enjoy hearing that from you? I believe he is still the top Republican candidate vetted for the governor's race.

I'm hoping the staff/teachers may find a solution to the AG's obvious political interference and bias. If you've forgotten, Paul, all of the teachers and staff received training and every one of them got their armed security guard license. I heard that the training cost the district $15,000 dollars.

If the AG said he would be satisfied if private armed security guards/company were present in the schools, that's what the staff and teachers need to do, form a private armed security guard company, as they already have the training.

The AG's opinion was based on the teachers/staff weren't a private armed security guard company, not that they didn't have the training.

Frankly, he needs to find another job, because his political affiliation and party-line actions stand in the way of protecting school children. He is another Obama controlled marionette. If you look closely, you may see the strings.

Charles

What R1derbike said!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Howdy r1derbiker,

[QUOTE=r1derbike;455619]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy riderbike,

No remedial reading here. The law is the law. The AG has given a distorted opinion of the law because it supports his fan base (mainly Democratic leftists). I believe that he has withdrawn from the gubernatorial race, if memory serves.

The teachers and staff may form a private company if they like, to circumvent the AG's interference. As for Asa Hutchinson being a nobody, perhaps he would enjoy hearing that from you? I believe he is still the top Republican candidate vetted for the governor's race.

I'm hoping the staff/teachers may find a solution to the AG's obvious political interference and bias. If you've forgotten, Paul, all of the teachers and staff received training and every one of them got their armed security guard license. I heard that the training cost the district $15,000 dollars.

If the AG said he would be satisfied if private armed security guards/company were present in the schools, that's what the staff and teachers need to do, form a private armed security guard company, as they already have the training.

The AG's opinion was based on the teachers/staff weren't a private armed security guard company, not that they didn't have the training.

Frankly, he needs to find another job, because his political affiliation and party-line actions stand in the way of protecting school children. He is another Obama controlled marionette. If you look closely, you may see the strings.

Charles
    Democratic leftist? In Arkansas? Sure there might be a few but most of the Dems in the state are gun totin' rednecks that aren't leftist.

McDaniel didn't give a distorted opinion of the law he stated it as the law reads.

Instead of trying to find a distorted loophole in the law, why not change the law?

If teachers and staff want to CCW on campus for protection of the children I'm all for it but they do need proper training.

Proper training. Every 5 years I have to take a refresher course to renew my CCW permit and every time I'm shocked at the number of people that are try to get or renewing a CCW permit that do NOT know how to load a 5-shot revolver. Scary. Very scary.

The teachers and staff need to be trained in how to secure and lock down the school ( most already know how this is done ), search and clear classroom(s), how to properly engage an active shooter(s), marksmanship training, etc.

Marksmanship training. During the shooting portion of my CCW class and renewal classes +90% of the people attending the classes had a hard time keeping their rounds in a 18"x18" target from a range of 15'. During my last renewal I shot a smiley face on the target with my Glock 35. :)

Change the law, train teachers and staff and/ or hire properly trained armed security. No, a wannabe cop making $9.00 with a few hours of "training" isn't properly trained.

Paul

9. Paul, you keep ignoring they ALL had 53 hours (considerably more than your few hours example above) of training, much school specific, and ALL passed, and received their ARMED SECURITY GUARD license, valid in the state of Arkansas! You keep ignoring that ARMED SECURITY GUARDS may be hired in Arkansas schools.

What part of the above do you not understand? They may form a private armed security guard company, just to appease the outgoing AG's attempt to squash their legally obtained objectives! They get a valid company established, get a signed ASP document (if they haven't already), that ARMED SECURITY GUARDS will be in their schools, and voila, they are protecting their kids! No loopholes there!

The training they received makes the Arkansas CHCL permit look like a toddler in training pants!
    How much plainer than that may I make it?

Wannabe cops? Where do you come-up with this effluent? They want to protect kids from deranged murderers in their district.

Yeah, the Arkansas AG surely sounds like a gun totin' Democratic right wing public servant, who would like to see kids lives protected in schools...

Charles

Howdy r1derbike,

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Paul, you keep ignoring they ALL had 53 hours (considerably more than your few hours example above) of training, much school specific, and ALL passed, and received their ARMED SECURITY GUARD license, valid in the state of Arkansas! You keep ignoring that ARMED SECURITY GUARDS may be hired in Arkansas schools.

What part of the above do you not understand? They may form a private armed security guard company, just to appease the outgoing AG's attempt to squash their legally obtained objectives! They get a valid company established, get a signed ASP document (if they haven't already), that ARMED SECURITY GUARDS will be in their schools, and voila, they are protecting their kids! No loopholes there!

The training they received makes the Arkansas CHCL permit look like a toddler in training pants!
    How much plainer than that may I make it?

Wannabe cops? Where do you come-up with this effluent? They want to protect kids from deranged murderers in their district.

Yeah, the Arkansas AG surely sounds like a gun totin' Democratic right wing public servant, who would like to see kids lives protected in schools...

Charles
    For starters McDaniel is a POS that should be in prison. Pretty simple.

While 51 hours of training MAY appear to be a lot of training for someone with little or no formal training, in reality it's not very much training. The Armed Security Guard training doesn't focus enough on a school/classroom setting with an active shooter.

Back to Arkansas law: the law clearly states that a teacher or staff member CANNOT possess a firearm on school property ( except for JROTC which most use air rifles ). Period.

Another law states that schools can hired armed security guards from a private company.

McDaniel, who is a POS and will be gone next year for good, has ruled that a teacher and/or staff member cannot use the armed security guard law as a loophole to allow them to CCW on campus.

Like I've posted earlier, I do NOT agree with the law or McDaniel's opinion on the law.

The law needs to be changed.

My daughter graduated from the Arkansas school system back in May and I have many relatives ( nieces, nephews, etc ) that attend school in the Arkansas school system and I'm all for there being a properly trained armed staff at the schools.

My brother-in-law ( wife's brother ) in a HS math teacher at the local HS. He is retired from the Navy, actively hunts, shoots and at 52yo would be a good candidate for an armed staff member with proper training.

A co-workers 52yo wife is a 4th grade teacher and her hobbies are, as my co-worker has stated, "reading and petting cats" who has never fired a gun would NOT be a good candidate for an armed staff member.

Believe it are not there are plenty of Pro-Gun Democrats in Arkansas. Back in the 90's when We passed the CCW Law there wasn't enough (R)'s in the State Legislation to play a game of ping pong.

Paul

11. Saw on the local news tonight that the Clarksville School District is going ahead with their plans, as they have all the legal documents necessary to proceed. Arkansas AG McDaniel and others have demanded that a list of all the "protectors" be submitted to all media outlets. That information is readily available with an FOIA search, and the Superintendent has refused to make a media circus as AG McDaniel desires. The Superintendent will give a list to any parents who ask for it, and many, of course want to know. No problem.

Ironically, Arkansas' CHCL permit information is no longer FOIA material, and ASP records were sealed per the law, but not before at least one left wing media outlet got all the information before it was sealed and printed it in their media. The fallout from that last act of media defiance was swift, and decisive. The media outlet apologized, somewhat, and took the info offline.

My Learning Curve (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) | Arkansas Business News | ArkansasBusiness.com

It's good to see Clarksville School District "bucking the bozo" (McDaniel), but who knows what the next ploy of the AG will be? Stay tuned, same bat time, same bat channel!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast