Concealed Carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealed Carry

1. Ok, does not the second amendment of the United States Constitution give me the right to keep and bear arms? Can individual states revoke that right?
    I am trying to have a discussion with someone that is knowledgeable about this. Please, if you just want to make silly comments and call names, keep it to yourself.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Paul McConnell View Post
    Ok, does not the second amendment of the United States Constitution give me the right to keep and bear arms?
    Yes. Well, actually NO. The US Constitution does not grant any rights. It declares what rights pre-existed before the government was established.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McConnell View Post
    Can individual states revoke that right?
    No.

What the states and the Federal government can do is make it illegal to exercise that right and put you in jail for exercising that right. That is the reality of the situation. The people with the greater firepower ultimately make the rules and this isn't 1776 anymore. The citizens no longer have firepower equal to that of the government to fight back like the founding fathers did.

Are you willing to ride the 2nd Amendment all the way into a jail cell or grave after being killed by the government is what we are trying to tell you.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Ok, does not the second amendment of the United States Constitution give me the right to keep and bear arms? Can individual states revoke that right?
    I am trying to have a discussion with someone that is knowledgeable about this.
    Everybody who has responded to your original post, whether trying to be polite or not, is much more knowledgeable about this than you are.

Please, if you just want to make silly comments and call names, keep it to yourself.
    I didn't call you names or make any "silly" comments. Everything I said is 100% verifiably accurate.

You can lead a horse to water......

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

5. In Ohio you must have a CCW to transport a loaded weapon in your car.

Concealed Carry

Go to www.Handgunlaws.us it is about the best resource for handgun laws.

After doing some research, come back and ask you questions.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12