New to buying guns, what do you think about the Taurus Millenium G2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to buying guns, what do you think about the Taurus Millenium G2

1. Gun snobs will try to talk negative about Taurus but I own 2 and they have never gave me problems.

This past Saturday my Step Dad and I were shooting and I not only out shot him, but his gun jammed twice. Mine performed perfectly. I was shooting a Taurus PT140 Mil Pro. He was shooting a Sig Sauer P250. I would expect the G2 to be a great firearm.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using USA Carry mobile app

3. My wife has the model 85 ultra lite wheel gun. She can't rack the slide on any caliber semi-auto (shattered arm, car accident). She and I have shot the sidearm enough that I'd trust both our lives with it. I don't know about Taurus semi-autos, so have to plead ignorance. Oh, put the Hogue grips on the model 85 for her, but I like them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alford Barnstein View Post
    I've looked at a lot of concealed carry weapons. I like this one because of the double stacked ammo, large grips, and extra safety. Do any of you have experience with this weapon?

In the end, go with what you like and what you shoot well, make SURE you don't buy a gun that you haven't handled AND put at least 100rds through at a range. Taurus Semi's get very mixed reviews, some love them, some hate them. I'm definitely NOT a fan of manual safeties.

5. Why are you against manual safeties? If you're going to carry it chambered, seems like a manual safety would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by EdBud View Post
    Ooooh. . . kaaaay, the very first thread I open to view/possibly post on and I find flaming(?).
    I have been getting emails from USACarry for a while and figured I'd like it here. Eh, not so much, if this is how it is here.
    I happen to like my PT145 Millenium Pro very much, you may too by the sound of it.
    Pretty much just came because of the CC Giveaway and it looks like, since I've fulfilled the basic requirement for entry, I'll just wish everyone luck and sign off. Thanks.
    First post and you see a disagreement on the gun you like so that means that's "how it is here" and your what? saying you don't want to participate here? Ok, but if your THAT sensitive I'd stay off every internet forum in existance because you'll be very disapointed! Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by ZRowe24 View Post
    Why are you against manual safeties? If you're going to carry it chambered, seems like a manual safety would be nice.

Simply no need, one more thing to go wrong, one more thing that shot nerves may or may not be able to switch off in a time of panic, any modern semi with multiple passive safties (which is essentially every gun worth owning) has no need for a manual safety. 1911's and older stlye stuff, sure.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRowe24 View Post
    Why are you against manual safeties? If you're going to carry it chambered, seems like a manual safety would be nice.
    I'm not a fan of manual safeties either. I own three guns that have them, but don't have the safeties engaged while carrying them. One is a S&W 4563 TSW that is DA/SA with a decocker. The only time I ever touch the safety on that one is to decock the weapon after loading it. After decocking, I disengage the safety.

The other two (both CZ RAMI's, one polymer, the other alloy) do not have a decocker, but are also DA/SA. You can carry them like a 1911 "cocked and locked," but I don't see the point of adding an extra step to disengaging the safety before I can fire the weapon, so I count on the hammer block to keep the gun from firing if dropped (which has never happened), and count on the long DA pull of the trigger for the first round (which is also the "safety" on the S&W) to ensure that accidentally pulling the trigger is virtually impossible.

I've had DA/SA S&Ws for at least 30 years. I'm used to drawing and firing them in the configuration described above, and have trained extensively with the 4563 that I've had for about 10 years now. To carry with a manual safety engaged would force me to completely retrain my muscle-memory, as well as my mental memory. People who have carried 1911s for many years would obviously have different muscle and mental memory functions to consider, and would likely prefer not to re-learn how to carry like I do. However, I can go from my DA/SA platforms to a Glock or M&P or any other striker-fired weapon without having to retrain myself at all. Cocked & locked carriers can't.

That's why I'm not a fan of manual safeties, which is what snatale42 said, not that he was "against" them. I think he was just expressing a personal preference, like I am.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

I'm constantly dealing with gun owners and I can tell you without hesitation that more owners are "dissatisfied" (that's putting it mildly) with Taurus semi-autos than any of the other major brands. It's not even close. On the other end of the price range, Kimber is up there as well in terms of owner dissatisfaction and disappointment. The FFL I work for won't even take a Taurus in on a trade (he used to sell them but discontinued the line due to intense negative feedback from his customers). Not surprisingly, most Taurus owners who're trying to get rid of theirs aren't exactly shocked when we decline to take them. The PT1911 and PT92 seem to get the fewest complaints, probably because they're copies of proven designs. Taurus' in-house designs are, on the whole, atrocious....and that's based on talking to a couple of hundred Taurus owners over time, as well as my boss's experience in selling them for a couple of years. Interpret it as you will.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

10. Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    My wife has the model 85 ultra lite wheel gun. She can't rack the slide on any caliber semi-auto (shattered arm, car accident). She and I have shot the sidearm enough that I'd trust both our lives with it. I don't know about Taurus semi-autos, so have to plead ignorance. Oh, put the Hogue grips on the model 85 for her, but I like them too.
    Sorry to hear that...My Bride has chronic pain throughout her body from a disabling nerve disease! She carries the same...& is easier for her as well! I carry the PT111 M G2 (no problems here) But I guess it's all about what you get used to??
    Yours in FREEDOM...
    P3

Keep...
    Yer Powder dry,
    Yer Mag full, &
    Yer Aim...DEAD ON!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPaKnPoppy View Post

yer Clip full,
    Is your pistol a bolt action? Does it have an internal box magazine that has to be loaded with clips? I'm not getting how you use clips in your carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I've been around guns all my life and currently work in the firearms industry. I would never trust my life to a Taurus.
    I have a Taurus. Works just fine. Maybe the problem isn't the gun...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast