New to buying guns, what do you think about the Taurus Millenium G2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to buying guns, what do you think about the Taurus Millenium G2

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    In the end, go with what you like and what you shoot well, make SURE you don't buy a gun that you haven't handled AND put at least 100rds through at a range. Taurus Semi's get very mixed reviews, some love them, some hate them. I'm definitely NOT a fan of manual safeties.
    The Term Cocked and Locked was born of a Manual Safety.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

3. I have a theory with "Gun Store employees" that claim customers hate Taurus. Taurus is an entry level price range...which means most first time gun owners are more likely to buy Taurus than Glock etc. First time gun owners are much more likely to have negative feedback because they don't know what they are doing.

Not claiming Taurus is perfect, but I guarantee they're not as bad as some "professionals" lead us to believe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using USA Carry mobile app

Back 1993, I had both a PT99AF and a PT908. I never had any problems with them. I do not like the newer millennium series.

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ZRowe24 View Post
    I have a theory with "Gun Store employees" that claim customers hate Taurus. Taurus is an entry level price range...which means most first time gun owners are more likely to buy Taurus than Glock etc. First time gun owners are much more likely to have negative feedback because they don't know what they are doing.

Not claiming Taurus is perfect, but I guarantee they're not as bad as some "professionals" lead us to believe.

That's a good point and it had crossed my mind as well but the problem is that Taurus is certainly not the only inexpensive firearm brand out there. Kel-Tec, Ruger, Bersa, and others have a lot of low-cost "entry level" firearms yet those brands only have a fraction of the complaints that Taurus has. For the record, I own/have owned more inexpensive firearms than expensive ones. I'm hardly a gun snob.

And remember.....us "professionals" deal with a much larger sample size than somebody who owns a Taurus or two. Not every Taurus coming off the line is a lemon and most will work just fine under normal circumstances, but I've seen too many examples of Taurus pistol failures to ever trust my life with one. Saving your (or your family's) life is not a time to be worried about saving money. Pony up a little more cash and get a Glock.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

6. If I ever have 1 malfunction, I may consider a more prominent brand. But after 500 rounds and counting, I feel good about my Taurus.

New to buying guns, what do you think about the Taurus Millenium G2

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Thank you Pistol. My first thought after seeing the Mr. Morrison's reply. A little harsh don't you think Charlie? When I meet up with someone at the gun range I frequent and he tells me that his 380 will not fire and I realize that he has the 'MAGAZINE" in backwards---that borders on the Morrision commandment. When I see someone loading their firearm in an area specifically off limits via signage and then walks over to their shoot location without regard to where the firearm is pointing---that borders on the Morrison commandment. But c'mon--adapting the old adage to fit this----"sticks and stones and clips and mags may break my bones, but WORDS will never harm me".
    Yeah.... I definitely came off as a total tool on that post.
    I accept your criticism and can see why what I posted was wrong. I also completely forgot the derogatory sentence was there at the bottom of that picture.
    I consider myself spanked and shall further extend my apologies to those I offended.

Retired FFl dealer, firearms instructor. I own one Taurus currently. Not a bad gun. I have sold hundreds of guns over the years. My experience tells me, a Taurus is not a duty gun. I would never use one for CC. I would not use one as a back up firearm on a hunting trip. I would not use one for home protection. These opinions are just IMHO.

9. Hoping the PT140 is as cool as it looks and functions as well as people say. I would like this to be my next purchase. I have only read good reviews about the PT111 but I could use another .40 cal.

Taurus fan here. Pt111 g2. Carry Daily. Excellent Firearm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using USA Carry mobile app

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123