Clarification on when to shoot - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clarification on when to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    I use the infamous "TapaTalk" app on my phone and iTouch.
    If I tap on your photo, it brings me to your profile.
    In the OP's profile, he has it written that he is a firearms instructor. Now I don't know if he has "changed" that since his first post here but it was there when he asked his question. That is why I commented as I did.

ETA: Nope. its still there. it is in his profile, on the question "are you in the industry". He lists "instructor, gun club".

Sent from behind enemy lines.
    Thanks... I'm not crazy then. I'm sure he took off instructor from where the Bronze Site Supporter Badge was then.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    I use the infamous "TapaTalk" app on my phone and iTouch.
    If I tap on your photo, it brings me to your profile.
    In the OP's profile, he has it written that he is a firearms instructor. Now I don't know if he has "changed" that since his first post here but it was there when he asked his question. That is why I commented as I did.

ETA: Nope. its still there. it is in his profile, on the question "are you in the industry". He lists "instructor, gun club".
    Yeah, I got that after whodat's post (#11) above. I hardly ever look at profiles around here. Sometimes you will see my nick in "Recent Visitors" lists, but it's nearly always because I used the "View Forum Posts" instead of looking at their profile. I try to get to "know" people by their posts rather than by factoids and stats that they themselves fill the blanks in.

Like I said in Post #12, "Nevermind."

Blues

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Depends on state law.
    To many times it is more of how the state law is interpreted.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Blog Entries
    Is this a hypothetical situation? I would hypothetically have to say that even in hypothetical situations, I wouldn't be at a bar because I don't like them. But if 4 thugs ever jump me in my living room I would hypothetically use my hypothetical gun to neutralize the hypothetical threat.

6. As A follow up. It seems all charges have been dropped. The Friend was justified in responding to defend a life.

What state was this in?

I would say shooting the first two was justified. Shooting the third guy was iffy, but shooting the last guy was not since it is now 2 vs 1 in favour of the defenders.

Where did he hit the aggressors?
    Last edited by Nick Burkhardt; 09-03-2013 at 01:32 AM. Reason: I typed not instead of now

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Checked, rechecked, and now I'm scratching my head. When I read CharlesMorrison's post, I purposely went and checked the OP's post and I'd have sworn it said "instructor". Now, I'm looking and it doesn't. I'm going to the eye-doctor and then maybe the psychiatrist after that. *scratching head and walking away muttering incoherently*
    ROFL!!!

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stegahorse View Post
    As A follow up. It seems all charges have been dropped. The Friend was justified in responding to defend a life.
    Even though the charges have been dropped, it would be very helpful if you could provide a link to any report of this situation. Would be interesting and helpful to get more of the details so we can follow the prosecutorial decision making process.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123