What's your favorite 1911 and why. What manufacturer, What size barrel, rail or not! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your favorite 1911 and why. What manufacturer, What size barrel, rail or not!

My Desert Eagle 1911 C with Fire Sites Best for the $.
    NRA PATRON
    NRA trainer http://www.missouriccw.com
    Holster Maker http://www.rockingwholsters.com

A toss-up between my Colt Commander & S&W Scandium. Both 4.25 inch barrel, no rail. They both shoot straight and feel just right.
    What's your favorite 1911 and why. What manufacturer, What size barrel, rail or not!-s-w.jpg

What's your favorite 1911 and why. What manufacturer, What size barrel, rail or not!-colt.jpg

~ Fight Crime-Shoot Back ~
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Mine is bone stock except for a 2-piece full lenght guide rod and Wilson 18.5lb recoil spring.
    I HAD to replace the firing mechanism parts because they were sheer garbage, and the gun was unreliable until they were replaced. I first noticed something was wrong when I noticed that the hammer was "following", especially when the slide was let forward on an empty chamber. I bought a replacement leaf spring. When I took the mainspring housing off, I found that the factory leaf spring was TOTALLY devoid of any sort of protective coating and was bright red with rust. After my smith replaced the junk parts and did some minor tuning, it's been 100%, with 200gr. TAP, 115gr. Aguila IQ, with 230gr. ball, and with 200gr. LSWC wadcutter handloads.

The first time I cleaned the gun, I sprayed the frame out with Gunscrubber. I was surprised to be unable to put the gun down. The grips literally stuck to my hand. The grips were apparently made of something very similar to the polystyrene that model airplane kits used. I replaced the factory grips with Ajax fake ivories, which look very nice on the black parkerized gun.
    Attached Images Attached Images What's your favorite 1911 and why. What manufacturer, What size barrel, rail or not!-copy-norinco.jpg What's your favorite 1911 and why. What manufacturer, What size barrel, rail or not!-m1911-iwb.jpg 

RIA 1911 38 Super Nickel, no rails or jewerly. 2 spare mags
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I HAD to replace the firing mechanism parts because they were sheer garbage, and the gun was unreliable until they were replaced. I first noticed something was wrong when I noticed that the hammer was "following", especially when the slide was let forward on an empty chamber. I bought a replacement leaf spring. When I took the mainspring housing off, I found that the factory leaf spring was TOTALLY devoid of any sort of protective coating and was bright red with rust. After my smith replaced the junk parts and did some minor tuning, it's been 100%, with 200gr. TAP, 115gr. Aguila IQ, with 230gr. ball, and with 200gr. LSWC wadcutter handloads.

The first time I cleaned the gun, I sprayed the frame out with Gunscrubber. I was surprised to be unable to put the gun down. The grips literally stuck to my hand. The grips were apparently made of something very similar to the polystyrene that model airplane kits used. I replaced the factory grips with Ajax fake ivories, which look very nice on the black parkerized gun.
    Does look nice. All of my black 1911s are all black including the grips.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I carried Colt 1911a1's or LWT Commanders for 38 years. After I started having dexterity problems with my hands, I switched to Glock 36's. I have been carrying them for about 3 years, with no problems. I have recently purchased a pair of SA XD-S's. I hope they serve as well.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

8. I really liked the metroarms american classic2 I had, that gun shot just as good as any kimber. I would love a wilson combat but sadly I cant afford one. Im currently looking for a chippa 1911 with a rail

9. Para ordinance, dont remember the exact model, but it is da/sa
    Ive also handled the astra da/sa, amazing gun, and the coonan 357, its a 357 mag 1911, whats not to love.

sent from my mobile using the mobile carry app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12