What's your favorite 1911 and why. What manufacturer, What size barrel, rail or not!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite 1911 and why. What manufacturer, What size barrel, rail or not!

Blog Entries

What's your favorite 1911 and why. What manufacturer, What size barrel, rail or not!

My favorite is going to be my caspian I am building, or wilson combat.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using USA Carry mobile app

3. Has anyone fired one of the 1911 chambered in 10mm? How similar is it to .45 cal?

Blog Entries
    Actually yes and its very similar not as much recoil and surprisingly a lot of kinetic energy. Its actually the next caliber I want.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using USA Carry mobile app

5. Ruger SR1911 Cmd... Just feels great and is accurate.

6. I love my Springfield Loaded in 45 ACP, 5 inch, parkerized no rail.
    Thoughts for a Friday.....Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

Sig 1911 C3, 4" barrel, no rail. beautiful gun, shoots fantastic!
    "...to keep, meaning 'it's mine, and you can't have it'"...
    -Ted Nugent
    on the right to keep and bear arms

Quote Originally Posted by m.ritz View Post
    Sig 1911 C3, 4" barrel, no rail. beautiful gun, shoots fantastic!
    Close to mine. Sig C3 Revolution GSR with a 4.25" barrel. But that might change once I try out my Colt Defender Plus. Also like my RIA 1911 CS. And if it doesn't have to be a gun that is fired, Colt Camo Companion. One of only 150 made.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Para Ordnance GI Expert 1911 45 acp. Have fired about 1800 RDS and very accurate. But I have had a love of 1911's since I fired my first one somewhere around 1980. I was hooked.

Sent from my DROID4 using USA Carry mobile app

1. My regular carry M1911 is a full sized Norinco. I bought it for $300 from a friend. I replaced the small internal parts and the grips (which melted during the first cleaning). It's accurate and highly reliable.
    2. I HATE rails. I don't own a handgun with a rail on it, and wouldn't given a choice.
    3. I carry Hornady 200gr. TAP.
    4. My Norinco has the original factory sights, which are slightly different from GI sights, with a three dot system.

I have three other M1911s, but the Norinco is the one I carry.

If I can ever get back into a real job, I'd like to get a .38 Super. I'm undecided on a full sized or Commander sized gun. I'm looking at Rock Island.

Howdy Deanimator,

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    1. My regular carry M1911 is a full sized Norinco. I bought it for $300 from a friend. I replaced the small internal parts and the grips (which melted during the first cleaning). It's accurate and highly reliable.
    2. I HATE rails. I don't own a handgun with a rail on it, and wouldn't given a choice.
    3. I carry Hornady 200gr. TAP.
    4. My Norinco has the original factory sights, which are slightly different from GI sights, with a three dot system.

I have three other M1911s, but the Norinco is the one I carry.

If I can ever get back into a real job, I'd like to get a .38 Super. I'm undecided on a full sized or Commander sized gun. I'm looking at Rock Island.
    I too have a Norinco 1911A1 but I only paid $200.00 for mine in 1993. Mine is bone stock except for a 2-piece full lenght guide rod and Wilson 18.5lb recoil spring.

It has over 15,000rds through her without a single hiccup that was not a dud reload except for a couple from a cheapo mag that got tossed into the woods.

It still has all the other factory parts and springs and even after all the rounds fired, dry firing and being carried "cocked-n-locked" for for many years the primers are still heavily dented when fired.

The best part is that if you can stuff it in a mag ( I use the 8rd Shooting Star mags ) it will chamber it. Even fired brass w/out a bullet, bullet seated backwards, etc. it doesn't matter.

I prefer an A1 gun with an arched mainspring housing because during quick draw point shooting I always shoot low with a flat mainspring housing.

I don't like the beavertail grip safety or anything extended or ambi.

I use ol' skool Federal 230gr Hyrda-Shok from the early 90's with a spare mag of 230gr FMJ +P+ which works better on car doors, windshield, etc than HPs.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast