Holster Belt Measuring

Thread: Holster Belt Measuring

1. Holster Belt Measuring

Good Afternoon:

I have searched this forum and can't find the answer I am looking for so I am hoping that the users here can help. I bought a Bianchi leather holster for my Ruger GP100 stainless in 6". I now need a good belt. I dont want to spend a fortune but I want a quality belt. The problem I have is I am reading conflicting information on how to measure for the length of belt to order. I have seen 2" longer than your current everyday belt, measure from the buckle to the second to last hole, etc... Can someone tell me if I have a 38" waist, what size belt should I look for. Thanks in advance for your help.

10yck

You need to go to the website you plan to order from and read their instructions and follow. them. to. a. " T".

I recently purchased a Wilderness Tactical Instructor belt (55.00$ and well worth it). I was off 1 inch in my measuring and the belt is almost too small
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

4. Holster Belt Measuring

Check out crossbreed seconds. You can save a little money and still get a good belt.

I am partial to the blackhawk cqc belts. I agree with treo to go to the manufactures website and follow their directions for sizing. If that is unavailable you will want to go up a size from normal.
    -Austin

Echo! Read the manufacturer's sizing guidelines. Also remember... too small of a belt will never work.... too large of a belt can always either be cut down or a velcro cable tie can be used to rein in the excess.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    The only reason I can think of that you would need a belt 2" longer than your size is if the holster you're planning on wearing on it is an IWB. If it's a belt holster of some sort, I would think your regular size would be the size to order.

That said, I didn't check the instructions at The Beltman website, I just opened it to give you that link. Right at the top of their Home Page, in red letters with exclamation points, it says:

ORDERING A GUN BELT?

DO NOT order your waist size or pants size!
    You MUST follow the measuring instructions before you order! Click here to read the FAQs!!!
    Thanks, The Belt Man.

So there ya go. Taking my advice would've been wrong. Go to the manufacturer's website and read their instructions before you order anything. And as always, you will get what you pay for.

Blues

No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...