First XDs experience
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First XDs experience

First XDs experience

Picked up two Springfield XDs's this week... 45ACP and 9mm. Shot both today for the first time. Must say, didn't expect the recoil to be so mild... for both of them. Went through three mags each of Federal HST: 230gr (+P) for the 45ACP and 124gr (+P) for the 9mm. Smooth cycling, soft recoil, and more accurate than I am. Need more practice. Thrilled at the acquisition. Can't wait to shoot 'em some more.

On another note, did have a bad experience that I am attributing to ammo, but will post on that in another thread.
    'I God, Woodrow, it's been quite a party, ain't it?

3. Yeah, they are fun to shoot, I have the XDs .45 and love it and the way I can conceal it, I'm also having one of my 7 rds mag cut down to 6 rds which will be perfect for carry one in the gun and have another 7 rds mag in my holster.

How much did the XDs .45 run you?

First XDs experience

$499 + $6 S&H to my FFL.
    'I God, Woodrow, it's been quite a party, ain't it?

6. Yeah I bought my .45 XDs right after the whole Newtown incident and I absolutely love it. It goes with me everywhere I go because it is just so easy to carry. I really think Springfield did a super jobs on this one.

I have been waiting on the second generation xds to hit the stores...
    -Austin

Any idea how the XDs would be to conceal for someone smaller? I'm pretty thin, but not a fan of tiny guns. I haven't had a chance to try shooting it yet... having a hard time finding people who have one available to rent!

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Any idea how the XDs would be to conceal for someone smaller? I'm pretty thin, but not a fan of tiny guns. I haven't had a chance to try shooting it yet... having a hard time finding people who have one available to rent!
    It's no smaller than an XD sub compact, (length and grip length) just thinner, which makes it amazingly easier to conceal, and lighter which helps with the comfort.

Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

10. I carry a first generation .45 XD-S every day. One high primer strike with Failure to Fire (out of battery) as I nearly dropped the gun the previous shot, from fatigue of shooting hundreds of rounds same session. I've got over 1,500 rounds through, with the only incident my doing, above. I love it!

It has eaten every factory load I've fed it (I don't reload).

Rack it like a man, manhandle it when firing, and it will not disappoint.

First XDs experience-natesquared_zps880b127b.jpg

11. Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post

Rack it like a man, manhandle it when firing, and it will not disappoint.

First XDs experience-natesquared_zps880b127b.jpg
    I like the above quote. It applies to my LC9 also. I do like the feel of the XD-s. It feels like it's easier to grip than the LC9.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast