The Great - No Open Carry State - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Great - No Open Carry State

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    That's a LOT of open carry locations!
    I am in Vermont and as you can see, I am stuck behind enemy lines!

Quote Originally Posted by italianbreadman View Post
    Thanks.

Funny story: I also lived in TX.
    Those states definitely will give you that impression.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Kramer, FS 790.25 covers where you can open carrry as it overrides FS 790.053.
    How Confusing/

And, WHO is the Militia again?

(3) LAWFUL USES.—The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes:
    (a) Members of the Militia, National Guard, Florida State Defense Force, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, organized reserves, and other armed forces of the state and of the United States, when on duty, when training or preparing themselves for military duty, or while subject to recall or mobilization;
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Curious who gave you that impression?

I believe 43 states have some form of open carry, either privileged or a Right.
    this is a canard put forth by the OC zealots. for example they'll cite that NJ allows OC once you obtain a personal carry permit, the problem is that it is next to impossible to obtain the permit in NJ

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    this is a canard put forth by the OC zealots. for example they'll cite that NJ allows OC once you obtain a personal carry permit, the problem is that it is next to impossible to obtain the permit in NJ
    Even with states such as ca and nj removed, the majority of the US has open carry. Would you be satisfied if I changed 43 to 41?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    If it'll help, I can start the list... In PA you can open carry, and do so without government permission, unless you decide to go into a motor vehicle.

Next!
    WA is the same.
    I know Oregon, wyoming, oklahoma, Montana, dakota, iowa, indiana, Vermont, Alaska, Arizona, Carolina, Idaho and several others are open carry states.

Shoulda read ahead to see the graphic before trying to list states. Thank-you for posting that pic

sent from my mobile using the mobile carry app

Quote Originally Posted by italianbreadman View Post
    I was under the impression that most states don't allow open carry.

Does anyone know of a concise list anywhere online?
    Check out opencarry.org

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 4
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

9. Va does all day long...whoo hooo

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    How Confusing/

And, WHO is the Militia again?

(3) LAWFUL USES.—The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes:
    (a) Members of the Militia, National Guard, Florida State Defense Force, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, organized reserves, and other armed forces of the state and of the United States, when on duty, when training or preparing themselves for military duty, or while subject to recall or mobilization;
    Here is your answer.
    MILITARY AFFAIRS

250.02 Militia.—
    (1) The militia consists of all able-bodied citizens of this state and all other able-bodied persons who have declared their intention to become citizens.
    (2) The organized militia is composed of the National Guard and any other organized military forces that are authorized by law.
    (3) The unorganized militia is composed of all persons who are subject to military duty but who are not members of units of the organized militia.
    (4) Only persons exempt from military duty by the terms of federal law are exempt from military duty in this state.
    History.—s. 4, ch. 8502, 1921; CGL 2015; s. 1, ch. 25112, 1949; s. 1, ch. 73-93; s. 2, ch. 2003-68.
    Note.—Former ss. 250.04, 250.05.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Even with states such as ca and nj removed, the majority of the US has open carry. Would you be satisfied if I changed 43 to 41?
    you can remove NY as well

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast