Why is .22LR still being hoarded??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is .22LR still being hoarded???

No problem in VA except for 22LR. They have always had it in stock at my local range though. I usually buy 100 rounds and shoot 50 (still less than $3 for a 50bx of American Eagle) and I have stockpiled about 1500rds of LR. They also just got some Winchester in, but wanted $10/100 for nonplated round nose. I won't buy it until they run out of the Federal.
    Chief

Blog Entries
    I have to say that when I am able find it at a good price (I know that is relative) I like to keep it on hand for many reason, not least of all grouse, rabbit, and other small eatable game.

Practice is very inexpensive when firing .22 and you can work on multiple platforms now which is fantast.

As someone else pointed out the quantity and quality of those few companies putting out decent .22 ammo it just goes fast.

Finally it is gopher season in many of the western states and the ranchers do not mind paying $0.50 / $0.75 a head.

just my .22 cents worth

Quote Originally Posted by mrcustomsteel View Post
    The same paranoids dodging black helicopters even though their entire net worth, including what's left of the 30 pack of cheap beer in their fridge, would not amount to enough to suck start one black helicopter. That's about all I think of those hoarding ammo.
    That really added a lot to our discussion. Thanks for sharing.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

5. ATK makes 6.5 million .22 rounds a week, it's a popular round

6. "It's paranoid doomsdayers like you that caused the shortage" So who has the ammo and who is whining about supplies?

Seriously, the 22RF is a great all around cartridge and remains comparatively cheap - and easy to store. Even if you are a CF kinda person, its still good for practice.

My motto is its better to have and not need than to have and need.

7. Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    That really added a lot to our discussion. Thanks for sharing.
    Really? Let's look back to when all this started after Obama got elected. People started panic buying thinking he was going to take their guns, pushing the prices up. Then came Sandy Hook and I was seeing prices over $500 at gun shows here in MT for cheap used pump shotguns just because they had pistol grips. And $500+ for those cheap junk SKS that I could not get rid of for $99 back when I had an FFL. And folks panic buying ammo and reloading equipment because they see Larry Potterfield say "you might not be able to get it" on his MidwayUSA ad/show.

And the guys I know panic buying fit my description. They don't have the resources to be a gnat on the rear of the US govt but think they are being watched.

Here's a sceneraio to consider: So I have my 10,000 rounds of 7.62 and 5.56, a pallet of .22LR, crapload of reloading supplies and my arsenal. When Obama sends the feds to my place and I decide to go David Koresh on them, how many of these rounds do I really think I'm going to get off before they turn me into Swisscheese and burn me down? And when they burn me down or I happen to have a fire at my place, as my father who is a recently retired firefighter says, as soon as they hear the first pops they are backing off to a safe distance until the ashes cool.

So buy what you need to defend yourself and take your kid shooting and let Cabelas handle the inventory unless you would like to compete with them in the sporting goods business. Plus, once we get a Republican back in the White House, the bubble will burst and the bottom will fall out of the ammo and gun markets and you will be left with a bunch of really cool, but overpriced stuff.

Really? Let's look back to when all this started after Obama got elected. People started panic buying thinking he was going to take their guns, pushing the prices up. Then came Sandy Hook and I was seeing prices over $500 at gun shows here in MT for cheap used pump shotguns just because they had pistol grips. And $500+ for those cheap junk SKS that I could not get rid of for $99 back when I had an FFL. And folks panic buying ammo and reloading equipment because they see Larry Potterfield say "you might not be able to get it" on his MidwayUSA ad/show.

And the guys I know panic buying fit my description. They don't have the resources to be a gnat on the rear of the US govt but think they are being watched.

Here's a sceneraio to consider: So I have my 10,000 rounds of 7.62 and 5.56, a pallet of .22LR, crapload of reloading supplies and my arsenal. When Obama sends the feds to my place and I decide to go David Koresh on them, how many of these rounds do I really think I'm going to get off before they turn me into Swisscheese and burn me down? And when they burn me down or I happen to have a fire at my place, as my father who is a recently retired firefighter says, as soon as they hear the first pops they are backing off to a safe distance until the ashes cool.

So buy what you need to defend yourself and take your kid shooting and let Cabelas handle the inventory unless you would like to compete with them in the sporting goods business. Plus, once we get a Republican back in the White House, the bubble will burst and the bottom will fall out of the ammo and gun markets and you will be left with a bunch of really cool, but overpriced stuff.
    Nah... I'm going to keep buying everything, just for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Your other post was a bucket of bodily waste. This post shows some intelligence and reasoning. I agree with some of it, it is *mostly* obvious. The stockpilers are trying to prepare for a collapse of the government and economic system, not a civil war against the government. I think that is prudent to prepare for as many likely problems that may arise.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

10. Y'all are a hoot! I have all I need. Keep on buying at these prices. Buy some more gold while you are at it Current Gold Price Chart - Price of Gold - Spot Gold Price Per Ounce

I personally dont have a reason why it's still being hoarded. For $40-50 per 500/525, they can buy it up. I've got more than enough to keep me happy for years. Its other calibers I'm more worried about.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast