Why is .22LR still being hoarded???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is .22LR still being hoarded???

Why is .22LR still being hoarded???

At all the local stores all ammo is in stock except .22, WHY??? I've heard they still line up in the mornings to hoard all the .22 ammo. Cabella's shelves are full except .22. I dont understand it what is the point in hoarding .22 ammo. I can buy anything else right now but .22. Even .223 & 5.56 is in stock. What am I missing here?

.22 makes a good survivalist food gathering mechanism.

It is a cheap way to practice and to introduce new gun owners to gun handling and basic techniques with mile recoil.

4. The same paranoids dodging black helicopters even though their entire net worth, including what's left of the 30 pack of cheap beer in their fridge, would not amount to enough to suck start one black helicopter. That's about all I think of those hoarding ammo.

.22lr is a lethal caliber for many things that walk and crawl.
    2000 rounds of my .45 to carry would cripple me, 2000 rounds of .22 is completely manageable.
    There are some impressive 1000 yard shots on YouTube with .22's. Same kill as a .223 at a fraction of the cost.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    .22lr is a lethal caliber for many things that walk and crawl.
    2000 rounds of my .45 to carry would cripple me, 2000 rounds of .22 is completely manageable.
    There are some impressive 1000 yard shots on YouTube with .22's. Same kill as a .223 at a fraction of the cost.
    Heck, 500 rounds of .45ACP will do it for me. But then if I have to move the 2K of rounds, it means war/riots have broken out and I'm getting out of Dodge. And that means thousands of rounds of .22LR, 5.56, .45ACP, .40S&W, .30 Carbine, and 9mm will be in the truck.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    When others buy things you want but can't get, it's called "hoarding." When you buy the same short goods in sufficient quantity to meet your needs for the immediate future, it's called, "planning ahead" and those who failed to be able to get it are called "suckers."
    It's paranoid doomsdayers like you that caused the shortage, regardless of all your homeland security conspiracies. If you hadn't all coincidently decided to "plan ahead" at the exact same time there wouldn't be a shortage.

8. I enjoy shooting sports with my kids, and the absence of ammo makes it hard to keep that next generation active and interested.

There is also a reason why the other calibers are back on the shelf.
    1. Few of the major manufacturers make rimfire ammo, they contract it out to smaller ammo companies and place their name on it.
    2. You can buy 100 rds of 22LR dirt cheap, while centerfire ammo is now going for $20+ for 50 FMJ and $25+ for 25 JHP. Profit is a great motivator on production.
    3. Based on profit margin and supply and demand, you make what fills both columns. One company actualy sent out a memo stating that they lost days of production and dollars from their pockets every time they shift from one caliber to another, and that untilfurther notice they were only producing certain high demand (and higher profit) ammo (like 9mm, .40, .45 etc)
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    It's paranoid doomsdayers like you that caused the shortage, regardless of all your homeland security conspiracies. If you hadn't all coincidently decided to "plan ahead" at the exact same time there wouldn't be a shortage.
    That is funny as heck and deadly accurate.
    This being said... I don't do the preper thing. I am sadly devious in my planning. A while back I started working into casual conversations with my neighbors if they own guns, and if so, what kind and so on.
    Creeper plan is if the SHTF I know where my provisions are coming from.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

11. I was just at a Bass Pro Shop. No 9mm at all. No 40 cals'. One box of 45's that were $55. I wish South Georgia would start catching up with demand. Even the local gun shows are bare or over priced. The only easy to find ammo is shot shells. 22lr is still impossible to find. My range trips have been sharply curtailed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast